Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Zen

blueross

My Zen Drive arrived today. I'm so excited I can barely stand to wait here at work. I ordered it back on July 20, so I guess the wait isn't TOO bad.

More later.

Ross

www.deeppocketband.com

www.epitunes.com/Artists/Deep-Pocket

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YEAH! It's punchy stuff, at lower settings it can be like playing clean w/ lots of sustain. You can get it to sound very fuzzy as well... I've found that "voice" knob is almost like a presence knob on the amp, maybe not in what it does (no power tubes here, of course) but in the way it affects sound. Very versatile.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

I couldn't stand it. Went home at lunch (it's good to live close to work here in LA) and tried out the Zendrive. Oh my. The Telecaster sounded great through it and the tone of the guitar was still coming through nicely.

Tonight, after I leave work early, the Gibsons...

Ross

www.deeppocketband.com

Where's the sound clips?!?

Wow, you're expecting a LOT from a lunch break.

But good question. I'll have to set something up tonight. I really haven't ever recorded my guitar playing except through the Line6/amp modeling. Time for some experimentation.

Ross

www.deeppocketband.com

Congrats on the Zen Ross. Enjoy it!!! I'm looking forward to hearing it.

My 2ed Klon is in the works. It'll be interesting to hear the Zen and try to compare them.

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Gotta post this quickly as I need to run out to see a band called Cowboy Mouth (check 'em out: www.cowboymouth.com) and I'm almost late to meet my friends.

Amp: Fender Blues Jr

Guitars:

1967 Telecaster, bridge pickup - Click Here

1966 Gibson 335, bridge pickup - Click Here

Microphone: SM-57

Zendrive Settings:

Volume: 10 oclock (trying to match clean volume with slight boost)

Gain: 10 oclock

Tone: 11 oclock

Voice: 1 oclock

Hope it works. Will check back after the show.

Ross

www.deeppocketband.com

Cowboy Mouth has one of the best front men (Fred) I have ever seen. And he looks like Fred Flintstone. And he's the drummer. Amazing energy. Last night they had the guitarist from Hootie and the Blowfish playing with them. Not that I knew who he was/is.

Ross

www.deeppocketband.com

Cowboy Mouth has one of the best front men (Fred) I have ever seen. And he looks like Fred Flintstone. And he's the drummer. Amazing energy. Last night they had the guitarist from Hootie and the Blowfish playing with them. Not that I knew who he was/is.

My band opened for Cowboy Mouth about a month ago. Yeah, Fred spent more time out in the audience than he did behind the drums...

Archived