Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Led Zep

Michael Patrick

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was gonna sy that I have never seen page Grey before and Plant is wearing pressed slacks it looks like. Not a flame just an observation. You know. we are used to seeing them in blue jeans and such. Wish I was there. sounds like they did really good.

What can this strange device be?

When I touch it, it gives forth a sound

It's got wires that vibrate, and give music

What can this thing be that I found?

Dumb question maybe but why didn't Plant ever play any instument? Jagger did, Daltry did but never Plant, (as far as I know)

I know... your answers are, "He didn't have to ... he had Page" or "Page wouldn't let him"

I'm just curious...

I like Zep... I saw them at the LA Forum back in Sept. 1970. They even made a bootleg album from the concert, "Live on Blueberry Hill"... I was a junior in high school and I think we paid 30 bucks for a ticket...

They started out with Immagrant Song and Plants voice just took over the Forum.... Pretty good treat for me back then...

i had no idea Page was an Orange guy, that's pretty darn cool.

If you look real close on the "Song Remains The Same" movie, you'll see an Orange head next to his Marshalls. I was surprised when I noticed it not too long ago when I saw the movie on VH1 Classic. That was in '73, so he's been an Orange guy for quite some time.

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

Dumb question maybe but why didn't Plant ever play any instument? Jagger did, Daltry did but never Plant, (as far as I know)

I know... your answers are, "He didn't have to ... he had Page" or "Page wouldn't let him"

I'm just curious...

I like Zep... I saw them at the LA Forum back in Sept. 1970. They even made a bootleg album from the concert, "Live on Blueberry Hill"... I was a junior in high school and I think we paid 30 bucks for a ticket...

They started out with Immagrant Song and Plants voice just took over the Forum.... Pretty good treat for me back then...

I've got a book called "Led Zeppelin Portraits" that has a picture of Plant behind the drum kit during rehearsals for their '75 tour. I'm sure he was just messing around, but by the looks of it, he was playing, not just sitting there.

And I remember seeing a video for a benefit concert (I think it was the Ronnie Lane benefit show from about '80, '81, or '82ish) with Plant playing guitar along with quite a few others. I'm trying to remember the song, but I can't recall. I think that McCartney might have been singing, but I'm not sure of that. It wasn't "Little Sister", which Plant sang with Dave Edmunds and Rockpile backing him at the same show. I searched Youtube to try and find either one of these clips, but couldn't find them there.

The Forum in '70...that would have had to been an awesome show. :thu: As much as I would have loved to seen them at any point in their heyday, the '68 to about '71 era would be my first choice. I've read several Zep bios and they all point out that they always seemed to step it up a notch when they played in LA, so you probably saw one of their best shows. :thu: I've heard of the "Live on Blueberry Hill" bootleg, but never heard it. I'll have to try to find a copy.

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

There are videos all over YouTube of the concert. Judging by the guys darting all over the stage with cameras, I think we can safely assume that a DVD is in the works.

Although, crap, I wish I could have been there...

I have to agree that by the looks of it, there is a DVDin the works which is CooL.. Add that to list of things to aquire. as for all the clips I've seen, some down right pathetic but still coool none the less, It's as if time has been frozen and they all came out of a 100% fine tuning checkup and sound just as good if not even better then back in the day!! Kudo's to them all :D:thu::D

Minus the aging and son sitting in on skins :D :D :thu:

I'm just curious...

I've got a book called "Led Zeppelin Portraits" that has a picture of Plant behind the drum kit during rehearsals for their '75 tour. I'm sure he was just messing around, but by the looks of it, he was playing, not just sitting there.

And I remember seeing a video for a benefit concert (I think it was the Ronnie Lane benefit show from about '80, '81, or '82ish) with Plant playing guitar along with quite a few others. I'm trying to remember the song, but I can't recall. I think that McCartney might have been singing, but I'm not sure of that. It wasn't "Little Sister", which Plant sang with Dave Edmunds and Rockpile backing him at the same show. I searched Youtube to try and find either one of these clips, but couldn't find them there.

The Forum in '70...that would have had to been an awesome show. :thu: As much as I would have loved to seen them at any point in their heyday, the '68 to about '71 era would be my first choice. I've read several Zep bios and they all point out that they always seemed to step it up a notch when they played in LA, so you probably saw one of their best shows. :thu: I've heard of the "Live on Blueberry Hill" bootleg, but never heard it. I'll have to try to find a copy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_On_Blueberry_Hill

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/unauth/led_zeppelin/live_on_blueberry_hill/

http://www.tky.3web.ne.jp/~pennywiz/Bootrevs/70-9-4-2.html

I don't know where to find it now... I used to have it but alas..it has gone by way of my old baseball cards and Beatle cards... G-O-N-E........ :cry:

The footage looks pretty great. Hopefully they had such a good time they will do some kind of limited tour.

But a DVD may have to suffice...

I have already given my wife fair warning that if they tour, nothing will keep me from going to see them. Even if it were an NY or LA only show, I will do whatever I can to be there! I've got my fingers crossed! :cool:

Don't mean to sound derogatory at all, but look at all the bald heads in this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE_azOraU34&NR=1

That is SO derogatory!! I'm telling the moderator! :mad:

Oh...you are the moder... :o

Well come to think of it those baldies were probably stoners with long flowing locks back when they were first enjoying that song - what 38-39 years ago!!??

Time, she can be a cruel mistress. :laugh:

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

I heard an on radio review this morning, and the guy said that everyone was great, and to his surprise it was a very subdued crowd. My favortie comment was him describing Plant as a catcher's mitt with a wig. :grin:

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=810593

http://www.myspace.com/dandelavega

Archived