Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Commitments Movie

Rocky McDougall

I have all the commitments music but have never seen the movie. Is it worth watching? I'm thinking of ordering it. But having a hard time making up my mind. :freak:

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a bad movie, especially the first time you see it. The second time I saw it, a couple of weeks ago, I thought it lays the Oirish thing on a bit thick, but maybe I was just in a bad mood when I saw it.

Definitely a fun film worth watching with very lovingly drawn characters and situations. Oh, and the soundtrack's not bad either! ;)

Do yourself a favor and read the book if you can find it. I found the movie to be quite nice and all that, but the book really develops the characters and storyline in a more realistic way.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Loved the movie.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Do yourself a favor and read the book if you can find it. I found the movie to be quite nice and all that, but the book really develops the characters and storyline in a more realistic way.

I've been meaning to do this. I'll start seeing if my library has it.

Of course, it's got nothing on the book I'm still waiting for YOU to write.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I've been meaning to do this. I'll start seeing if my library has it.

Of course, it's got nothing on the book I'm still waiting for YOU to write.

Tom

Hm. Seriously, just read the Roddy Doyle book. Mine's a long time coming.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Roddy Doyle? He won a Booker prize. I didn't know he had written it. Explains why the movie is so good I expect.

I'll read the book then.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

Archived