Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

This is the blues!

PBBPaul

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AMEN, BROTHER PAUL!!!! :rawk::thu: That is a serious lesson in the blues. Freddy King ROCKS!!! Getting a Freddy King CD or two has moved up to the top on my list of things to do! Thanks for the link.

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

That performance just gave me goosebumps.

It's interesting to listen to Freddie King then click on the Eric Clapton link for the same song.

I've been looking for some inspiration before I go out to see an old friend of mine play tonight and Freddie brought it! I happen to be in Las Vegas at the moment and a guy I played with 20 years ago in Milwaukee is doing a gig here. Should be fun.

Oh, I know! Someone- Bill?- posted a link to this same vid a little while ago; killer, ain't it? Freddy was THE MAN! :cool:

Cool, your meeting that guy you used to play with at that gig...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I love his tone...excatly the kind of blues tone I'm always after.

Lots of chunk, with a touch of rawness...and none of the ice-pick-in-your-ear highs (even when he plays up real high).... :thu:

That's certainly a neck pickup he's playing...though the semi-hollow body has a lot to do with the resonance.

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Awesome! But, Gawd! Clothing sure has come a long way!

Damn...that must be the BIGGEST collar I have ever seen on a shirt! :grin:

I don't think that even Elvis could beat that! ;)

there must be some serious uplift with a set of wings like that.

awesome vid. and the 70's sure gave us some fashion flubs.

Yeah black tee shirts,blue jeans and old tennis shoes look much better don't they? You have a great artist there trying to look like a gentleman, trying to be a professional,....silly him!

Simmer down, Lee! ;) I pretty much agree with you, but it's understandable that fashions of another era can seem strange to some at a later date. At least there're a lot of folks that can appreciate the great, classic music, playing, singing, and guitars!

Speaking of singing, Mr. King really, really belts it out with high style here, doesn't he! The vocal performance is right up there with the guitar playing!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived