Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Sick forever

revolead

Anyone here ever had mononucleosis?

I'm going to the doctor again this afternoon (last week I went and was treated for Strep, but that did no good at all), but from what I've read, it sounds like I have a nasty case of mono. :(

I hope I get better, but aside from sleeping and drinking fluids, nothing helps anything. It is miserable.

I think I have my girlfriend to thank for the "kissing disease," since I do not know where else I could have gotten it from, but I guess she's worth it as long as I don't die. :D

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Shut up and play.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Revo - please don't push getting back on your feet. My wife (then fiance) got mono right after we got engaged. She was out of work for at least three weeks and it was a good month and a half before she was anywhere near back to normal.

Sleep as much as you can and drink lots of fluids.

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

Take your meds, and rest, rest, rest. Takes at least 2 weeks to recover.
Unfortunately, since mono is a virus, there are no meds except pain relievers and fever reducers: your basically ibuprofen/acetaminophin alternation.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Shut up and play.

Umm I heard giving random strangers black telecasters helps cure all diseases and I'd be happy to lend my services. :D;)

No but seriously, feel better man. Lotsa sleep and keep your morale up and that's all I got.

Then you'll never hear surf music again...

It's not necessarily a cure, but when I've come down with something like that, I get immense help from garlic, as well as the usual vitamins and lots of hot peppers and such. And I do mean whole/fresh garlic (not garlic powder or salt), and LOADS of it; even garlic pills. I'm sure that different people will have varying responses, but it seems to work tremendously well for me.

I tend to get by quite nicely with nutritional supplements instead of symptom-treatments (pretty much all of the over-the-counter stuff) or antibiotics (only if I absolutely have to have 'em, and I haven't in years and years). Good for prevention, too.

I'll b e interested to read what mdrs has to say! :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived