Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Synth patch

Fumblyfingers

Just a short clip I recorded tonight while putzing around with the very nice totally *free* soft synth plug-in module in Pro Tools called, " Structure".

I layered 4 synth patches and also the direct sound of the synth guitar through the POD, neck humbucker...some stock patch in the POD, I didn't even look.

The breathy sound sometimes gets a bit much....I would have to assign some sort of control to a pedal or something to control it on the fly...have not gotten that deep. In the last few years I have been meaning too....just haven't got around to it LOL!!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=452567&content=songinfo&songID=6006044

The opening theme is very loosely based on a Mahavishnu thing and as usual there are lot's of fumbly's in there LOL......I was just digging on the patch and the way it swelled up underneath....very cool.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There ya' go again Fumbles... Hearin' things that so many don't and then puttin' it down... Outside of the 'breathy sound' as you term it, I gotta' say that AGAIN, I love it. I hear and see it in a movie somewhere... You got the touch bud... You make me want to work harder with my DAW...

Thanks guys,Gruupi...it was some POD preset that I lowered the drive, goosed the 'verb and changed the effect to delay and chorus and raised the chorus intensity a bit. I had no idea it was sounding so good with the neck 'bucker and I was focused on the synth sound...it was late at night when I did it and I was falling asleep in there.

Good track as always fumbly, I'm usually not a synth guy, but you are doing a good job making me reconsider. Just wondering what guitar you used, i saw the neck 'bucker, but on what guitar. I don't really know how the synth patches work and do not know if it makes a difference.

Thanks Bruce that is so what I would like to achieve with the remaining years of my life....write different stuff for movies or TV, commercials etc. But so many are doing it.

When I visit, for example, your friend Bill Wandel's website and see the body of work he has, read about his degree in Filmscoring from Berklee and listen to his talent....it is very daunting. I suppose that there is a little niche for everyone...you just have to find it. I may never end up being a composer who does entire features, but there is no reason I could not get a piece here and there placed. I have to work on those chops though and write a lot.

Thanks Bruce that is so what I would like to achieve with the remaining years of my life.....it is very daunting. I suppose that there is a little niche for everyone...you just have to find it. I may never end up being a composer who does entire features, but there is no reason I could not get a piece here and there placed. I have to work on those chops though and write a lot.

All power to your elbow, Mate!

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Archived