Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SG Copy

freddy bloggs

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Samick TR-series guitars that I've tried were pretty good, indeed; I checked a few out in a shop, killing time before a Derek Trucks Band show next-door. Their TR1 looks quite a bit like an SG, but has better balance on a strap while playing than an SG; it falls in your price-range, and then some.

(Hmmn- the link for a pic I tried to post for you didn't want to display; sorry! You can do a search for retailers, though.)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I can testify to the Samick TR-series too. My brother owns one and let me borrow it for a few months. I've giged with it plenty of times and the thing's been great! Pretty hot pickups too!

Looked just like this one

http://www.franz.san.galli.pl/foto/foto_553_3.jpg

Do any of them stay in tune better than the original? :D

Judging by the ones I played some, the Samicks and the Washburns might!

But, they're not RIs, or even copies, really... just price-point meetin', purty decent axes that are reminiscent of SGs in some respects...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

There always seems to be used Epi G400s showing up.

Some of the Samick line have shown up as Guitar Player picks. Don't write them off.

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Anyone liking the Rondo Music SX PEG3?

Very cheap but they seem to get rave reviews.

I don't know about the SX models but the Agile line from Rondo seems to be uniformly praised around here as a great bang for the buck. Several forum members own Agiles (a couple here own multiple Agiles) and they all have commented very favorably on them.

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

Archived