Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sound clips from my show

Hardtail

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys.

My bass player's good at webpage stuff. I can do it too (I'm a software engineer) but I'd rather leave it to him and play guitar.

Overall, I'm happy with the sound clips.... but now it's back to the woodshed to try to get a little better. LOL!

Not to pick holes in the site HT. It's looking really good. But when you switch pages the mp3 player restarts from the beginning. I don't know if there is an easy way round that, but I think the user experience would be much better if it carried on.

I agree that he has to work on the soundclip access a little bit.

I'm handy with this kind of stuff so maybe I'll take a look at it this weekend.

He did this while I was in Michigan so I'm just now really looking at it just like you guys.

Very, very nice job! A thousand apologies if you have already posted it in a previous thread, but what did you use to record it with?

Eric

Our soundguy plugged the bass player's mini MP3 recorder directly into the soundboard. Basically, that was it.

I'm not really a sound/recording pro. I just plug my stuff in and go. LOL!

Nice tones! It's pretty ballsy doing The Real Me! That's a tough tune to pull off vocally.

We're working on Baba O'Reilly too. I'm even trying to do that violin-synth part at the end on guitar. We'll see how it goes. I love that tune so I hope we can pull it off eventually.

Yes... that's a hard one to sing for all of us. Our drummer sings it. I may try it myself since guitar-wise, I'm not really doing anything extraordinary but... well... I'm not Roger Daltry. LOL!

Nice stuff! Wow, all that practise and work really paid off, didn't it.

I'd definitely come out to watch you guys play.

Thanks but if you came out to watch me play, I'd tell my bass player to take a seat and have you playing. :thu::rawk:

LOL! Thanks Keith. I'd happily play with your band, anytime.

You guys sound great. Very well rounded sound and no dead spots (which is the hard part to pull off as a three piece).

I'm starting to enjoy playing in a trio more... if only to keep me on my toes a bit since I have no one to hide behind.

I wouldn't mind a keyboard player or another guitar player one of these days. Given the choice, I'd rather have just a keyboard player.

What's next for our band is that we're going to try to book as many shows after Labor Day for the next 3 months or so. I'm sure I'll have to play this rathole we played before a few more times.

I'm hoping though that after 6 months or so, we'll be playing some of the better places around town.

There's one nice club that's only about 10 minutes from where I live. That would be nice to do just because of the location.

I'll keep you posted and I'll keep practicing. I'm coming up on almost 2 years back at the guitar. It's been a great 2 years (as far as that goes.... other things in my life have sucked... LOL).

"if only to keep me on my toes a bit since I have no one to hide behind"

LOL!! I LOVE to hide behind my keyboard player :) hay but it's not easy..he's a skinny little guy LOL!!

Yeah but the B3's big enough to hide behind. LOL!

Archived