Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

On line lessons.

slap-pop-karl

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think this forum is a good site for online lessons.
For general knowledge on the bass it is, and pretty damn good for anything else but I haven't came across stuff that is practical, or I have and haven't realized it.

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

I think Victor is an ace bassist, but didn't take well to his teachings. Hes just like my friend on guitar good player couldn't really teach (well I'm not finding it easy off of him, and I don't think I am ready to learn what I found by Gary Willis. Thanks anyway guys! :D

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

Well Phil, I couldn't find what I was looking for there part from Bring On Da Fonk . Also I was not bored when I was learning scales. So I guess most things shouldn't bore me.

A randomer as you called :grin: would more directed to you. In a school I find that everyone is coming out like clones, hence in private study you have the chance to tailor the lessons to you.

I always been able to do that, and has proven to be useful in cases when I am strugling with something and I requested to give a rest and we will came back later to that subject.

Give it a go find a randomer :D and try it if you enjoy it go back.

I'm pretty sure McGeof will help you out, he's from scotland I think. Maybe he knows private teachers.

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

A randomer as you called :grin: would more directed to you. In a school I find that everyone is coming out like clones, hence in private study you have the chance to tailor the lessons to you.

I always been able to do that, and has proven to be useful in cases when I am strugling with something and I requested to give a rest and we will came back later to that subject.

Give it a go find a randomer :D and try it if you enjoy it go back.

I'm pretty sure McGeof will help you out, he's from scotland I think. Maybe he knows private teachers.

I know what you mean with the clone thing but at my school its actually wrong. All the guitarists he has taught have turned out to be really good and they all play there own style. I think he lets them find there own way. e.g One person he taught tunes to weird stuff like open F.

So really he sounds like a really good teacher, but I don't know how much people have been taught bass by him, there ain't much bassists in the school and what I know of none of them have been taught by him (they all ask me to teach them, You'll never guess what style) and then there off...but yeah. He lets you find your self as far as I can see.

I would give it a go, but I'm a bit wary of g#tar players teaching bass, it's like Beckham teaching someone how to play basketball or baseball.

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

He plays both guitar and bass. He's pretty much really good with strings....well guitar and Bass. He might not be great on right hand techniques but he could defiantly do some shizzle with my left hand.

I'd give a go then, if you never had lessons would be good for you

Well Phil, I couldn't find what I was looking for there part from Bring On Da Fonk . Also I was not bored when I was learning scales. So I guess most things shouldn't bore me.

*WHEN* you were learning scales? It never stops.

If you want to be a good bassist you're going to have to suck it up, shell out a bit of cash and do some things you find quite boring. Its worth it in the end.

*WHEN* you were learning scales? It never stops.

If you want to be a good bassist you're going to have to suck it up, shell out a bit of cash and do some things you find quite boring. Its worth it in the end.

Yeah I'm going for lessons, and *when* yeah. I only got as far as major, minor and that was it. I'm still needing to brush up on them.

Archived