Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Early days No Effects....

Zuben

My first effect pedal was a Maestro Fuzz pedal, IIRC. That was in 1978, I think...

...I didn't own an overdrive pedal until Ibanez came out with the Tube Screamer. I didn't think I needed one until I heard one of those.

I have seen them go for $500. Scary as I have 2 of them and they have seen much better days.

Peace

FYI - The Tube screamer was released in the late 1970's. The original designation, like my Phase Tone, was a (two letter) - (3 digit number) in those early years. (PT-909 for the phase tone, TS-808 for the Tube Screamer.)...

Mine was a TS-808 and looked like the one on the top right corner...

You do realize those pedals are worth a relative mint today, right.

I don't suppose you still have it?

Last time I looked they are going in the $500.00 range. I have 2 of them and they have seen better days. if both die beyond repair, I would follow as many auctions as passible to see if I could get one a little cheaper.

Peace

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first two pedals...my only two pedals for that matter are:

Danelectro FabTone and Dunlop Cry Baby Bass Wah

other than that, i am using Guitar FX 3 for the PC. Im about to uninstall it - not for sound quality issues (i like it so far) but because it has seemed to try installing some fantastic spyware and adware a few times.

this may not be the thread for this question and perhaps it has been asked before, but, is there a volume/wah combo pedal and if so what is a good 1?

Morely Power Wah-Volume Pedal

Never owned one but borrowed one in 1981 to play in the band for a high school production of Godspell. Morley pedals were built like tanks back in the day. I haven't seen any of the new versions in person, so I can't speak to their current quality of construction. They use an optoelectric circuit for the volume control so there is no tone degradation as you turn the volume down.

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

My first effect pedal was a Maestro Fuzz pedal, IIRC. That was in 1978, I think...

...I didn't own an overdrive pedal until Ibanez came out with the Tube Screamer. I didn't think I needed one until I heard one of those.

FYI - The Tube screamer was released in the late 1970's. The original designation, like my Phase Tone, was a (two letter) - (3 digit number) in those early years. (PT-909 for the phase tone, TS-808 for the Tube Screamer.)...

Mine was a TS-808 and looked like the one on the top right corner...

You do realize those pedals are worth a relative mint today, right.

I don't suppose you still have it?

Uh, no, I don't still have it. I sold it back in March for $400, about eight times what I paid for it (it cost me $49.95 which _seemed_ like a lot of money back in 1979).

Born on the Bayou

I have a Digitech GNX2 hanging nicely in it's case in my shed, I also have a Tonelab Tabletop hooked to my DAW for recording. I rarely use either, the modeling tone is just too harsh for my taste. I now use a Digitech Reverb pedal, a Dunlop volume pedal, a Boss Blues Driver, a Nady TD 1 Tube distortion, a Duncan Twin Tube, and a Fender Tuner stomp. I prefer the old tube sound, and the blues driver is set to just put a little hair on my clean sound, and boost the clean sound a little. The TD1 and Twin Tube are set similarly and are really a back up for each other.

Archived