Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Behringer amps ?

SillyD

I need an amp desperately as i will start gigging soon i dont want to spend to much on an amp or head so i looked at behringer and they basically give them away at musiciansfriend but i havent had a chance to play any of them

so was wondering if anyone could let me know if they had any past experience with behringer or could recomend an alternative

GRACIAS

GOD BLESS

www.myspace.com/logicorconscience

You guys will love the jam http://www.myspace.com/symlife

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spending the same money on something second hand will get you a LOT more for your money.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

I was assuming they were just the same photos.

Maybe one is for "truth in advertising" and the other is for suckers.

The first one might appeal to fans of the Behringer blown-bugera sound. In honor of those fans, here is a picture of a bunny with a blown bugera speaker on it's head.

http://www.geocities.com/kenfxj/bunny_bugera.jpg

Sorry. It's been a long week, and it's only Wednesday.

Push the button Frank.

I play Behringer stuff, and ain't ashamed to admit it. I prefer the tone of my Peavey practise amp, as the Behringer is a bit dry, but it gets the job done.

Frankly, my band averages 2 gigs a year and although we rehearse often, there are times where a month or two without rehearsal goes by. So for the moment I don't need or want anything better.

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

I tried to get to this thread earlier while I was at work, but the Behringer site had an error that shut down my Internet Exploder... maybe they pi**ed off Bill Gates, too.

Normally my 10' pole doesn't get very close to Behringer products, but when I tried out a Squier Tele Bass and the salesman plugged me into a Behringer combo I was willing to give the big, bad, B brand a shot. The amp was a BX1800 (15" paper cone, basic parametric EQ). I was not very happy with the sound I started with so I started twiddling knobs, and kept twiddling knobs, and twiddled some more until I concluded that there was no audible effect. After a quick glance to make sure the salesman was elsewhere I plugged myself into a Fender Rumble 100/115. This one struck me as a decent amp for the money. I don't know what the prices are on these two, but I would have chosen the Fender over the Behringer in a heartbeat.

- Matt W.

Archived