Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Posting at work anyone?

rizzo9247

I cannot get by an eight-hour work day just by doing work alone, I need something to spice it up, so I keep this forum open on my desktop to get me through the day. With witty comments, nuggets of valuable information, and the occasional goof-ball post, I find this forum to be a good escape from the office world. I was wondering who else does this, or am I the only one suffering the 9-5 day?

-Anthony

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me and I got told off on my previous job for excess use of internet during working hours hurray!!!!!!

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

I post at work, but then again I sit in front of a computer for 10 hours a day. Reading and posting on the forum helps me clear my head and relax a little bit, keeps me focused.

Mostly. I take phone calls for a living, and when the call volume drops off, I have the computer right in front of me, so...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Well, I happen to be sitting ay my desk right now! But then again, I am the IT department where I work so no worries there...

It's a nice escape from the day to day drugery.

I read/post at work whenever I feel like it!

Trouble is, I work for myself so I don't get paid for the time I spend on the forum.

And I've currently got a large project to deliver with not enough time left on the schedule.

So why am I writing this then? Back to work I guess...

Cheers

Graham

www.talkingstrawberries.com - for rocking' blues, raw and fresh!

I'm at work - I wish I was on the road. I should be on the road again soon, hopefully for most of the summer. It gets slow here at the shop during the summer. I can't play any music clips here.

There's an article today that the average person wastes 2.1 hours of their time at work each day via internet, chit-chat, etc.

Really, I like it much more when it's busy than when it's slow and boring. I wish I didn't have time to post this, LOL.

Exactly.

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/custom/msn/careeradvice/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=1057&SiteId=cbmsnhm41057&sc_extcmp=JS_1057_hotmail1&GT1=10166

As I have practically no work to do - there's the link to the story I talked about. I really have to get on the road again.

I really think that people being late/leaving early is more of a time-waster than 'spacing out'. Or maybe I just need to increase my spacing out time.

Some days I am more office based than others! ;)

Luckily this forum is not blocked, MySpace is, that's a good thing or the students would probably not get any work done. I use the Internet constantly and creatively at work (especially for background music). You have to be discreet and careful though, I stick to breaks - but then I choose when to take a break.

My brother-in-law was actually sacked in LA for excessive personal Internet use, though personally, I think it was an excuse to get rid of him.

Guilty as charged...but then, I work from my home (not self-employed however...I work for a quite large global company). Let's just say I'm responsible for managing my own time.

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

Most days are busy and I unfortunately have little time to read let alone post anything on this forum. I fix, configure, upgrade, install and maintain computers all day long at work and have little desire to touch one when I'm home, so the little bit of posting that I do is all at work.

Guilty as charged...but then, I work from my home (not self-employed however...I work for a quite large global company). Let's just say I'm responsible for managing my own time.

I'm in the exact same situation. It doesn't suck.

Push the button Frank.

Lucky you I can't even get myspace, or youtube. it sucks

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

Lucky you I can't even get myspace, or youtube. it sucks

I try not to get too carried away at work by watching videos on youtube(even though I could spend days there) nor that infamous myspace. I usually just have this page condensed on the lower right side of my monitor, in a 4in x 3in section. Tough to read/post sometimes, but I am doing it now, so it is not too bad. Sometimes I sneak a peak on eBay if I have the time.

Archived