Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help, can't think of title of this tune

Bobsk8

I can't think of the title of this tune that I believe was written and performed by a female keyboard player about 25 years ago and I hear it sometimes on smooth jazz stations. Don't know how to notate it on this forum so here goes. Top line is melody, and the line underneath are the chord changes 4/4 time around 110 BMP and melody and changes repeat over and over again......

[A///][E///][DE///][E///] melody D and E are 8th notes)

[Ami ][ FM7][EsusE7][E7 ] changes

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
I can't think of the title of this tune that I believe was written and performed by a female keyboard player about 25 years ago

Found it.. It is Moments in Love by Art of Noise

Glad you figured it out, Bob. :thu:

I have to say, when you mentioned it was on smooth jazz radio, I didn't even bother playing the melody you notated, otherwise I would've gotten it immediately. :( I was thinking so far away from the Art of Noise stylistically, it's not even funny. I would never have guessed that "MiL" would get airplay on a jazz-related station.

The lady in question was one-third of Art of Noise... the lovely and talented Anne Dudley. She's gone on to do some great work since her other blockbuster successes in the 80's (Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Paul McCartney, among others), mostly doing soundtrack work.

Anne's website can be found here. :thu:

Archived