Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Schecter 5 strings

Brocko777

[font:Fixedsys]Hey people,

I wanted to add another string to my arsenal and found this guy. Click on me I DARE ya! I have about $500 to play with, not alot I know but its a start. I figure if I liek it that much I will part with one of my fours to help the fundage.

I haven't found much info on the Schecter line and what I have seems descent(sp) so if anyone has any horror stories or opinions please don't keep them to yourselves!

Peace n Paint,

Brocko

p.s. I am not planning on paying the $400 for this instrument on the link :)[/font]

Don't have a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. ~ Johnny Carson

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I have heard Schecter offer a good quality to value for money ratio. I tried one of the 52' replica p-basses one time and I would have put it in line with a Jap Fender.

I have only heard good things about Schecter, however if the pickups are stock I may look to change those in the future.

I say, if you like it and it plays well/sounds good. Go for it!!!

I pickup up a cheap Schecter 5-String Telecaster Bass (Robert DiLeo T-Bass). The stock pickups (EMG DESIGN) pickup weren't that great. I dropped Bartolini 5 String P/J pickups and routed in a Bart Preamp. Now it sings.
"Yeah, I've got a special effect - it's this cable. You plug it into the amp and it makes things loud" -SS

I have the Elite version of that bass. I have had it for about 4 years I think. I played it hard and often and the only problem I have ever had was that the pots got a little scratchy. Great bass, good fit and finish, nice sound especially for the money. thats a good buy with hard case etc. Although look on Ebay, you can probably find one for cheaper. Yep, I just looked. $249 for bass and case(current price)... but you cant play it on Ebay. I would offer him $400 and let him know about the auctions. If it plays well grab that honey suckle and make a groove baby.

Best of luck.

Jonathan

thanks for the input! I saw the stuff on ebay :) watching it like a hawk. Thats my blue book pricing guide for something like this. I am gonna try to meet him tonight try it out and see if he'll drop a little.. if not I'll tell him I am bidding on some stuff and I'll get back to 'em. Its been up for the past 2 weeks and no buyers yet so I hope he'll quiver!

Brocko

Don't have a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. ~ Johnny Carson

I've got two Schecter 5-stringers, an Elite 5 fretted, and a Studio 5 fretless. I love them both, to be honest. A friend of a friend had the model you're looking at, and I played it for a few mins and it seemed a pretty solid instrument.

EMG HZ pickups, the S-Tek bridge (the Elite's have that as well) is very nice, but you might even be able to bargain a Guitar Center down to about $450 new. I know they gave me $100 off my fretted Elite, but that could be because I had dropped $650 on the fretless the year before, and was dropping $1600 on an amp that day LOL.

But for $400 ($550 new), it's a decent buy.

[Carvin] XB76WF - All Walnut 6-string fretless

[schecter] Stiletto Studio 5 Fretless | Stiletto Elite 5

[Ampeg] SVT3-Pro | SVT-410HLF

I really enjoyed the Stiletto Elite-5 that I played while searching for my new bass. The Schecter was the only other one I had narrowed it down to. It sounded good, played well, and looked good too. But had I purchased it I think I would have upgraded pickups to a pair of Barts as well. It was not quite what i was looking for. My new bass (Ibanez SR905) has a pair of them and they sound incredible. But for the price of the Elite-5 ($599) you really cannot ask for much more. BTW guitar center was willing to work with that price for me. I encourage you to get to your local music store (Guitar Center carries Schecters) and play a few for yourself. As so many told me while I was on the hunt, our opinions are simply OUR own opinions. You will be able to answer your questions far better than we ever could.

Ibanez BTB450

Ibanez SR905

Ibanez SRX400

Brownsville ABG2CRBS

Palatino VE-500 EURB

Crate BX-2115L

Crate BT50

Archived