Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

the new yamaha mm6, is it a toy or a 1/2 decent cheap synth?

70x7

here are 2 short demo songs all done on the mm6,

then transfered to the computer

www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5192590&q=hi

www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5192578&q=hi

I own right now 3 korg products,1 roland and my most recent purchase of the yamaha mm6 (for some of the nice motif sounds)

I will definately debate it's not a toy!

for the price range of $600 its pretty impressive, once you get to know it and work with it.

I use it live with all the other gear and it does compliment

my other synths and modules.

70x7

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's no CS6x, but seems to be a step up from the S30 entry-level synth, essentially being a repackaging of the original Classic Motif with a few extra features thrown in and a bunch of newly programmed voices and performances meant to cater more to the contemporary dance-oriented crowd.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I have played the MM6. While it only weighs about 12 lbs, it is definitely not a toy. Very good sound.

Worth considering as a primary or secondary board especially for live gigs. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Played it in store. Sounds alright, but feels a bit cheap (key action, as mentioned).

I didn't think the S30 was a entry level synth. The S03 - being a nice board in its own right - was entry level, but the S30 was the 61-key'd S80, albeit with a medium quality keyboard feel (IMO).

The MM6 could be a nice 2nd board for gigging: all round versatile sounds. The building quality seemed to lack a little. And can you program more than just split and layer? If not, then I'd go for the more-zoned MO6 or MO-Classic instead, I guess.

Archived