Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lock up your GEAR!

Strategery

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here at work we host Conceal & Carry classes and there has been an increase in class size in the last couple of months.

That's a great class by the way! I took that last time I renewed the CC ticket, I was kind of pissed at first that I had to take it but found it to be very well done! I recommend it now! Another great class was the defensive driving and vehicle escape road coarse class I had to take as part of my job...the was excellent!

I WISH you could get a CCW in Los Angeles...it's just about impossible.

I went on a hike near Joshua Tree with my wife and a bad guy came up on us while we were on the trail, way out. I had taken a .38 snub with me ( I know, Ear, Nose and Throat gun....but at least I had Black Talon's in it ) so I let him take a good look at it and after all the blood drained out of his face from fear of being shot, he left in a hurry.

Score another one for the good guys!

I went on a hike near Joshua Tree with my wife and a bad guy came up on us while we were on the trail, way out. I had taken a .38 snub with me ( I know, Ear, Nose and Throat gun....but at least I had Black Talon's in it ) so I let him take a good look at it and after all the blood drained out of his face from fear of being shot, he left in a hurry.

There's a way Fumble, do you know any LAPD or CHP's guys? they will sponsor you.. OR attend a couple of their aux meetings, make sure you sign the form showing you are and have attended, get on the roster even if you are not active and go apply for the CC. Another way, do you know the head of security at the studio?... they usually have a deep background in public security, they will sponsor you.

There's a way Fumble, do you know any LAPD or CHP's guys? they will sponsor you.. OR attend a couple of their aux meetings, make sure you sign the form showing you are and have attended, get on the roster even if you are not active and go apply for the CC. Another way, do you know the head of security at the studio?... they usually have a deep background in public security, they will sponsor you.

When I bought the Sig 40 cal, I noticed that they sponser all sorts of CC and related courses. I'm thinking of taking one very seriously. The more you learn, the better you are at handling the firearm, and the situation.

We should get Ted Nugent to sponser a Guns and Guitars weekend course for us!!! THAT WOULD BE SPECIAL!!

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

A buddy I work with just sold a .50 cal sniper rifle he had..in Montana...they are not legal here in CA. That's a lot of power!

I have a 12 g shotgun with a rifled barrel that shoots a saboted (which is an ounce of lead incased in a plastic sleeve that falls off when the slug exits the barrel) slug. I can get a 3" group at 100 years. That ounce of lead will put a hit on things. For hunting, it's about as good as anything within 100 years. There are Urban sniper/riot guns that are essentially the same set up. From a rooftop, in a riot situation, you could end a problem very quickly with one of these.

It will put a bear down on the spot, if you hit him in the right spot....I've done it! It keeps a deer from going far as well.

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Archived