Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Worst Guitar Solo

A String

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you kidding there's definitely a lot

"I used to be "with it", but then they changed what "it" was! Now what I'm with isn't "it", and what is "it" is weird and scary to me. IT'LL HAPPEN TO YOU!" - Grampa Simpson

Worst solo I ever heard was me. I remember it well. It was at a Blues Fest 35 miles North of Sacramento. My stage monitor had just gone out, for some reason, I was hearing our keyboard player louder than anyone. I lost it. It was like I was trying to play to a record I had never heard. I was so behind it was scary! I tried to tune everything out but me and the drums. I couldn't get there.

I heard the sound board recording the next day. I had our soundman destroy it! LOL

I remember Fred sliding over next to me asking me "what the hell was that" laughing.

Peace

Nuclear Warrior!

First off, dude looks like that butthole John Stossel. Secondly, Mr. Warrior looks old enough to know better, whereas that first kid could have been a lot of us when we were 14.

Nuclear Warrior makes me pray for mutually assured destruction.

Not sure what you dudes are (or aren't) hearing, but man..............rugged. Have you guys heard the first three or four T-Bird albums? Or BB King in the 50s? Or Guitar Slim?

In his defense, I have not heard much of his stuff. I don't know if he got better with time and I missed it, or I've just had the misfortune of listening to the wrong stuff, but the stuff I did hear, had no business being heard in a professional capacity.

I would love to see any of you JV haters step onstage with him. He'd eat you alive. Instantly.

I guess I better keep practicing. LOL!

Seriously, did you really think his guitar playing on the video was good. In all honesty, it's not like I fished through YouTube for the worst one (you can find "worst" vids for anyone). I chose this one arbitrarily.

Wow. Alrighty then.

Yeah sorry, based on everything I've seen including that last video Jimmie seems to be 1/100th of the guitarist Stevie is. I'm not into trashing people for no reason, so this is sort of a response to "Jimmie instantly eating us alive." He has a very very strange right hand technique which seems simply inferior to most others. And he apparently likes to use a capo so he can use the open string E box pentatonic pattern on every song.

Based on the video posted above, if Jimmie were to engage in a guitar duel, I feel a lot of us forum members could repeat his licks back to him on the fly, and not get eaten alive, in a word.

SRV, on the other hand, well he could eat me alive. Musically, that is.

Archived