Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GAS for a new midi controller

Hi kikcoconut, who is "Steve" ? on the Infinite Response Adobe page: Clonk here one of the little displays says, " Steve's lil B I'm more curious than anything else.

I was just wondering if you knew who Steve was and in your opinion, how does the organ sound compare to other romplers. Are drawbars emmulated at all?

When most people go to work, they work. When musicians go to work, they play. Which do you prefer?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is definately not a keyboard that will be sold in stores though. You have to come to Austin to the store to play and purchase it. It's very "special." ;) He is going on a tour around the country to showcase it, so once those dates are up I'd mark your calendar.

thanks mate

really interested after seeing that other patent a year ago

Do you know if he will be offering it overseas thru the internet...I know it needs to be tried for feel...but if some one stipulated the closest feel to say..a Yamaha Baby grand" ..he could say level number 5 where 6 is Steinway.

There is two threads running which is diffficult for you and us as you will no dought be bombarded with questions...and we are [well I am] happy to continiue our talk with you.

perhaps someone can designate which thread to put to sleep and continue this on one thread..

I in my part am happy for you to decide which to sleep as as you have graciously offered to reply in a kind of proxy for your dad maybe you can say on the smallest thread,...discussion continued on other thread...with a link as you have done to that continued thread.

anyway cheers for your help

and yes we were probably testing you but I feel confident I'm talking to someone in the know although I know you are not directly involved.

Well send me that unfolded picture of the keyboard or rather post it up on your chosen thread and we are convinced..cheers

I'm apparently bad publicity since I don't know anything and I don't want to be misleading one way or another, plus me talking on a forum makes it sound unprofessional or something, so just send questions to this email address

sales@infiniteresponse.com

I will continue to read the posts and send all these questions and concerns to him though. I deleted my posts out of worry that I was ruining things for the company, but, yeah. I'll just go back to listening. I will post a pic though.

I believe that the "steve" patch is just a fake name, like, "kikcoconut's diddy." like you name your own patch.

1. It says on the web site that they are adding pitch bend

2. The volume control doubles a a mod wheel (also on the web site)

3. The Hot key system is a dramatic improvement over dedicated patch change buttons because:

-you can isolate the sounds you use from all the others so you don't have to wade thru stuff you never use

--those "hotlist" sounds can be on any one of 16 synth modules or laptops running soft synths

-those isolated sounds can be setup in the STANDBY Window using TEXT descriptions of the sounds (not trying to remember what "tiny button #26" in programmed to do)

-you switch from the current sound to the standby sound by hitting the high key above high C, hit again to switch back

-there is no faster way to change from accompaniment to lead and back again.

4. It has polyphonic aftertouch...NOBODY has that except for them.

5. They introduced it at SXSW to get input from gigging players, and from stars like Thomas Dolby to lesser known road warriors, other than adding pitch bend, the 1000s who played it thought it was extraordinary, and they loved the simple powerful user interface.

It's looking fairly good.

Everything said about programming it is a little vague. I can only presume that it is heavily reliant on a computer (not necessarily a good thing). Perhaps the software can be downloaded to try out and see how things work?

Switching from only one sound/setup to another is no different than on many keyboards. Using a button has been done. Scrolling through a "hotlist" (assuming this list has more than two entries) is nothing different. Scrolling, in general, is not the best thing to do while playing.

Utilizing a footswitch(es) option for sound selection allows a player to keep hands on the keyboard where they belong.

As a Master Controller, it needs more than one MIDI output (with ON/OFF control). If it were to be used as a supplementary controller, it needs a MIDI Thru.

The poly-aftertouch is a great feature. I'll certainly keep my eye on this. However, if a personal appearance in Austin is the only way to acquire one (is this true?), that eliminates me.

As a Master Controller, it needs more than one MIDI output.

Agreed.

Also, I hope they use good old wheels for pitchbend and mod, and that they don't invent some fancy new system that everyone would have to learn from scratch...

Archived