Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Site hosting recommendations

Bubbajazz

I am interested in site hosting recommendations from the group. I was considering GoDaddy, but a recent topic has given me reason to consider other options.

I will be needing a reasonable amount of support as a newbie, but price, service and reliability are all important to me.

Who do you use, and what is both good and bad about them? Thanks.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been using IX ( www.ixwebhosting.com )for the past couple of years. My experience with them has been pretty good. The price was right (at the time, less than $10 a month for a 24 month commitment) and included 4 free domain names. They offer all the hooks for Frontpage (if that's your tool of choice), a "canned" site generation tool, support for CGI scripts, etc. Uptime has been acceptable - and they've been pretty good about providing advance notice for the 1-2 times (in the 18 months I've been hosting through them) that they've scheduled some maintenance time (purportedly for data center power upgrades). Their technical support staff has always been very accessible (never had any long waits on hold) - and they've been very helpful every time I've called (it's always been something in MY code that they've helped me work through).

If you're looking for a simple hosting service for a band site YOU develop - I'd definitely consider them.

The SpaceNorman :freak:

I use PowWeb - $5.77/month for the first year, 300GB disk space, 3000Gb/month bandwidth, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I've been with them for 3 blissful years. The performance is excellent, service top notch, support is wonderful. I can't recommend them enough. If anyone decides you use them, please use my affiliate link http://www.powweb.com/join/index.bml?AffID=563828&LinkName=kevinankerdotnet and be sure and tell them kevinanker.net sent you.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

I love phpwebhosting.com, I have a bunch of stuff there. But it's definitely NOT the hand-holding kind of place. I like 'em because I get a UNIX shell and ftp, with minimalistic web tools.

But if anyone reads this thread looking for a geek's hosting company, check them out.

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Archived