Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Old Wurlitzer Electric Piano

I am looking for a way (if there is one) to be able to use my old Wurlitzer Electric Piano (circa 1977) as a Midi keyboard linked to a Windows PC. Any help anyone can give would be appreciated especially if I can source a solution from the UK

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes there is a way, but it isn't easy or cheap. It involves major surgery on your Wurlitzer to install a MIDI kit underneath the keyboard. You're far better off getting a dedicated MIDI controller. Scott

If it is in good condition, I suggest you not do anything to it. Check out the current market rate for your model-you might be surprised it is worth more than you thought. Spend the $200-300 that you might spend modifying it on a used synth and use it as a controller ...

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

Unless you're talking about having sequences play BACK from the computer on the Wurlitzer. If that's the case you're probably SOL. If you're talking about just having it as a MIDI controller, then it would be much cheaper to just buy a dedicated controler and leave the Wurlitzer as nature made it. :D

Archived