Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: not a good idea to call your boss an idiot

Gruupi

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Hard Tail:

Maybe your boss (ex boss) is an idiot after all.

HT....you forgot the expletive.....

What a story, Gruupi!! Amazing! Looks like you were right from the start.....both about your boss's character, and his motive.

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Originally posted by Gruupi:

Hot news flash!!! I just got a call from the secretary at the office. The company did in fact lose their only client and shut down the office. I feel sorry for a couple of the employees there with dependants, I hope they can make the transition to another job quickly. I kind of had it in the back of my mind that my boss picked the fight just to try and downsize without losing face, now I really think thats what happened. Kind of a chicken**** way of going about things if thats the case.

Well, then he's chicken****, too. I guess it was bound to happen. I wonder if that one only client was treated badly, too--or was lost b/c of business reasons.

Crappy stuff, but, maybe it'll make you feel better about the whole situation? In terms of "it was bound to happen" (being fired, that is).

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Gruupi Said:

Hot news flash!!! I just got a call from the secretary at the office. The company did in fact lose their only client and shut down the office. I feel sorry for a couple of the employees there with dependants, I hope they can make the transition to another job quickly. I kind of had it in the back of my mind that my boss picked the fight just to try and downsize without losing face, now I really think thats what happened. Kind of a chicken**** way of going about things if thats the case.

That is actually Excellent news. Most likely the cause of un-sound business practices.

The good part is that now you can simply say the company folded. You don't have to mention getting fired.

Sweet.

The client, a restaurant chain was bought out. The partners that were in with my boss have less influence on the decisions now. He basicly treated everyone else at the company badly, always telling them that they were stupid and hanging up on them. So when it came down to the crunch, he obviously had little support.

The client did pay top dollar and my boss is sort of winding down to retirement anyways. He had not solicited business in the 6 years I worked thee and had even turned down former clients. The problem for him is that he and his wife have very expensive tastes so probably don't have enough money saved to keep there extravagent lifestyle. He didn't invest his money, even in mutual funds and such, it was all just in the bank. I would imagine he will have to scrounge around for clients, I hope for his sake that he can tame his ego enough to get business.

Sheesh. I think you need to arrange an in person meeting between the forum members here and your boss, so someone can count to 3 and we can all yell in unison:

"YOU'RE A F***ING IDIOT!!!!!"

:idea:

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Archived