Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

it isn't official but maybe

Guitarzan

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's been a very strong, persistent rumor for some time that the lads would make a return Fall tour here in the States. I kind of wonder, though, with the 6 week delay in Europe, etc. I heard on the radio this morning (haven't found anything to support it) that they indeed will return BUT tour with Aeroschmidt and the Who, or as I call them, The What. Bummer for us Stones fans if that's the deal. Nothing against those other bands, but please just give us the Stones. Keeping my fingers crossed the rumor comes true!!
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

Originally posted by Pappy P:

It won't be official until the hand rails and ramps are install on the stage.

:D

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Originally posted by Sasquatch51:

Be prepared to pay MUCHO dinero for tickets. Here it was over $700.00 for a pair of tickets after all was said and done.

You gotta be kidding me. What do you mean "when all was siad and done"? Food? Gas? Taxes? You're in Georgia, so those are USD you're referring to?!!!! $350 for one ticket? No way. No friggin' way.

My MySpace Space

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

the unofficial rumour is the Stones are coming to Halifax in September.

it sounds like it is almost certain but no definate confirmation yet.

that is a 1 hr drive for moi. ;)

No palm trees over there, eh? I guess it's safe.

My MySpace Space

Originally posted by MILLO:

Originally posted by Sasquatch51:

Be prepared to pay MUCHO dinero for tickets. Here it was over $700.00 for a pair of tickets after all was said and done.

You gotta be kidding me. What do you mean "when all was siad and done"? Food? Gas? Taxes? You're in Georgia, so those are USD you're referring to?!!!! $350 for one ticket? No way. No friggin' way.
Yep. The only way that you had a prayer of getting the tickets would be to buy them (early purchase) through Ticketmaster. The tickets themselves were a little over $300.00 with taxes and everything, plus they charge a $100.00 "Membership fee" to have the opportunity to purchase the tickets early. Those things sell out within a few minutes of going on sale, so if you wait until they actually go on sale, you can pretty much forget it.

People were scalping them for unbelieveable amounts of money.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

I paid $150 for the "cheapest" tickets there. Well, little did I know I was literally in the nosebleed section. like last row, in an outdoor stadium....... Luckily I went with four other girls, good friends of mine, very rich, but seriously good friends of mine :thu: And I got to sit in the $600 seats :D I could almost touch Jagger, I'll post pics when I can figure out how to get a URL for it?

I saw the Stones in 1981 (I'm pretty sure it was '81), for $14. It was one of the first shows I'd seen where the PA was suspended form the ceiling, not on the sides of the stage.

Ticket prices have experienced sizable inflation since then, eh????

Don

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Well it sounds good Zan lets hope they do, I am seeing them in sheffield in August for £50 I think (my mate has the tickets) but a great show if you can get to see them, the best one I have been to was Rotterdam aprox 3 years ago but Paris the same year was also good, they are always good value. :D

Love life, some twists and turns are more painful than others, but love life.....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=592101

I saw them in Toronto at the SARS concert - well worth the $25.00 I invested to see several(too many actually) acts. Justin Friggin' Timberlake? Puhleeeze! Would much rather have seen more of the Isleys, Guess Who, and the other relevent acts that showed for almost cameo performances. The Stones were good, but should have known better than to follow ACDC, who stole the entire night!
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Great. $350 to see Geriatric Superstars of Rock!

I can see the playbill now - reads like a circus sideshow...

The Missing Link (Mick Jagger) and Son of Missing Link (Steve Tyler) together on stage!

Plus, see the Human Drug Residue (Keith Richards) and Mr. Irrelevant (Brad Whitford)

And of course, there's the Amazing Guitar Smasher! (do I really need to tell you?)

A fun time to be had for burnouts-trying-to-recapture-their-youth of all ages :eek:

I won free tickets to see them at Wembley a few years ago. To be honest I wish I'd sold them outside for the large fees they were offering.

The band were OK but the sound was abysmal, the kick drum sound echoing around the arena and reaching us after a huge delay. The Stones were fairly uninsired, I suppose I'm glad I had the opportunity to check them out live though.

You're better off seeing the coverband I play in play Honky Tonk Woman, It's Only Rock n Roll, Last Time and Satisfaction. It usually doesn't cost anything on the door either . . . and we rock!

Great songs though and such fun to play!

The Stones will have to be about 80 or 90 years old and still touring to come here. We get bands only when they are completely on their last leg and don't have an audience anymore.

It's a wonderful place to raise your children though. :freak:

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by Phil W:

I won free tickets to see them at Wembley a few years ago. To be honest I wish I'd sold them outside for the large fees they were offering.

The band were OK but the sound was abysmal, the kick drum sound echoing around the arena and reaching us after a huge delay. The Stones were fairly uninsired, I suppose I'm glad I had the opportunity to check them out live though.

You're better off seeing the coverband I play in play Honky Tonk Woman, It's Only Rock n Roll, Last Time and Satisfaction. It usually doesn't cost anything on the door either . . . and we rock!

Great songs though and such fun to play!

Phill where are you playing next :D also wembley is garbage for sound quality always poor when I go, have given up on that venue.

Love life, some twists and turns are more painful than others, but love life.....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=592101

Originally posted by Griffinator:

Great. $350 to see Geriatric Superstars of Rock!

I can see the playbill now - reads like a circus sideshow...

The Missing Link (Mick Jagger) and Son of Missing Link (Steve Tyler) together on stage!

Plus, see the Human Drug Residue (Keith Richards) and Mr. Irrelevant (Brad Whitford)

And of course, there's the Amazing Guitar Smasher! (do I really need to tell you?)

A fun time to be had for burnouts-trying-to-recapture-their-youth of all ages :eek:

Yeah! and then there's guys that will forever jam in their basement, talk about irrelevant. :D

Originally posted by Griffinator:

$350 to see Geriatric Superstars of Rock!

Precisely what I thought.

I guess they're a piece of R&R history, so they can charge whatever, plus many of their biggest fans have lots of dough now that they're almost retired or actually retired, so it works.

Man, I think of all the classic rock bands that had a huge impact on rock, I like the Stones the least.

My MySpace Space

I'm obviously a bit biased (look at my avatar!!) but for what it's worth, the $350 tickets are usually floor seats etc. I saw them in Pittsburgh, PNC baseball park, GREATEST night of my life, for $125. That was first base side lower part of the upper deck, actually a wonderful seat. I was always of the opinion I'd never in a million years spend over $50 to see anybody, but at the tender age of 48.9 years I now realize we're only on this planet once so sometimes you just gotta let it rip. My brother was never really "into" the Stones but I talked him into seeing them with me in Baltimore (2nd greatest night of my life). Had top row, side stage seats, couldn't have been much worse, but still loved every freaking minute of it. He is now a total devotee like yours truly. Bottom line, you can get pretty decent seats to their shows for $100 or so unless you're one of those people who have to be up close and personal. If you have any interest in these guys, I cannot recommend them highly enough!!! Long live Keef!!!

Originally posted by LeftyBlues:

I'm obviously a bit biased (look at my avatar!!) but for what it's worth, the $350 tickets are usually floor seats etc. I saw them in Pittsburgh, PNC baseball park, GREATEST night of my life, for $125. That was first base side lower part of the upper deck, actually a wonderful seat. I was always of the opinion I'd never in a million years spend over $50 to see anybody, but at the tender age of 48.9 years I now realize we're only on this planet once so sometimes you just gotta let it rip. My brother was never really "into" the Stones but I talked him into seeing them with me in Baltimore (2nd greatest night of my life). Had top row, side stage seats, couldn't have been much worse, but still loved every freaking minute of it. He is now a total devotee like yours truly. Bottom line, you can get pretty decent seats to their shows for $100 or so unless you're one of those people who have to be up close and personal. If you have any interest in these guys, I cannot recommend them highly enough!!! Long live Keef!!!

Here the TicketMaster web site didn't show any of those "cheap seats" (the $100.00 seats) available. As I recall, the cheapest seats they had were around $300.00....PLUS the "Membership Fee".

Oh, well....

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Sas, try some of the e-ticket guys on the web, that's usually much better than Slicketmaster. I have a friend out in Portland who decided to go on the day of the show, got FLOOR seats for $200 and as luck would have it was about 10 feet away from the "B" (moving) stage. That's some serious good luck!

Archived