Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Calling Your Favorite Unsung Guitarists

Editor Boy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glenn Kaiser and Stu Heiss of the Christian rock band REZ (a.k.a Resurrection Band). Their best work can be found on REZ's "Twenty Years Live" (Grrr! Records, 1993).

Also, Bob Page of ISAAC, a regional Christian rock/fusion band that played in my hometown of Virginia Beach, VA back in the 1970's and 80's. Bob Page's style was something of a cross between Al DiMeola and the guitar players of Lynyrd Skynyrd. The only recording of Bob Page's playing that I'm aware is a long-out-of-print LP by ISAAC, entitled "City of Dreams", that was released in 1982 on a local label in Norfolk, VA.

Robert J. ("Bob") Welch III

"If you were the only person who ever lived, God still would have sent Jesus His only Son to die on the cross for YOU, because that is how much HE LOVES YOU!"

My uncle, Jerry Glassel. Everyone in Mid Michigan knew him. Taught and performed in the area for his entire life. Jaw dropping licks. There is video and audio that would convince you, hands down, he was one of the best ever.

Mr Dan Erlewine concured in this thread (earlybird) Jerry Glassel/Earlybird

Here is a page from the local paper about his scholorship benefit a few years ago, sorry it is so large. http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i209/BrianL111/Jerry.jpg

Please consider him for some much overdue props.

Once I thought I saw you, in a crowded, hazy, bar........

Archived