Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Has anyone tried or own one of these?

Greg B.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VOLUME-MIZER-FOR-PEAVEY-CLASSIC-30-50-212-5150_W0QQitemZ7415789333QQcategoryZ41422QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/VOLUMEBOX-FOR-PEAVEY-DELTA-BLUES-CLASSIC-30-50-212-5150_W0QQitemZ7416580739QQcategoryZ38076QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Has anyone tried or own one of these? I am considering trying one for my Classic 30, but I am also going to get a Valve Jr. head and would like to know if it would work on it also. If it will, then I am definitely going to try one. Any help/thoughts are appreciated.

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's kinda what I thought. I wonder if they work as well as the makers say they do. And also if you can use one on an amp without an effects loop (e.g. the Vavle Jr head). Thanks for the input.

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

Where can I get a parts breakdown/schematic on it? I have an old DOD A-B box that may have most of the parts that I need, except for the pot. Would I just need to unsolder the switch and 3rd input/output jack and solder in a volume pot? I'm not afraid to experiment and have a little bit of electronics knowledge, but I don't want to screw my amp up. Thanks for the input, marvar. :thu:

all that box is a volume pot, 2 1/4" jacks and the wire it takes to connect them all up- it really doesn't do much, all you are doing is putting a volume control into your effects loop= really not that good, it may work with some amps, but mostly a rip-off ebay scam. It's not an attenuator, hot plate, or anything else. It has no schematic as there really isn't any components (other than the volume pot) or a circuit board.
"Who's gonna teach the children about Chuck Berry?"

I know that it's not an attenuator, but if I can make one for that cheap, I might try it on for size. Again, thanks for the info.

Putting a volume pedal in the FX loop has exactly the same effect.

It cuts down the signal from the pre-amp going into the power amp.

I feel this might lead to some probs with the power amp, but what do I know?

It doesn't do much for an overdriving power stage if you starve it of signal.

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

The guy who sold me the Gibson GA-30 said that putting a volume pedal in the FX loops might be able to give me a slight blues fuzz at best but definitely not a crunchy overdrive...on the other hand, I read a review that someone achieved exactly that with a regular volume pedal, so I'm very confused. Is there ANY way to get a tube overdrive at controllable volumes?

-Andy

"I know we all can't stay here forever so I want to write my words on the face of today...and they'll paint it"

-Shannon Hoon (Blind Melon)

If you cut your signal before the pre-amp stage, you're never going to get any decent overdrive. That's what the "airbrakes" are all about - cutting volume to the power amp stage.

Oh - and the power amp stage of any amplifier isn't going to suffer for lack of signal. Fer crissakes, if that was the case, every one of us would be destroying our amps every time we ran them at practice volumes...

Archived