Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PRS mania

Bluesape

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I bet someone will probably fork out the cash to buy it too.

"Sorry hun, you know that $26,000 or so that we were saving up to buy your mother that heart transplant, well uh... I sorta splurged a little and spent it all on this new guitar..."

YtseJam your Majesty!

Be glad it's up in Canada, or my old guitarist would be tempted to buy it. He has at least a dozen PRS's; one of them was serial numbered very low. Wish I could remember how much he was offered for it one time; plus the company wanted to buy it back from him and trade him a few new guitars. He's held on to it. (Actually let me play it for a few minutes once- I was honored and unworthy)

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Originally posted by GuitarWolf:

"Sorry hun, you know that $26,000 or so that we were saving up to buy your mother that heart transplant, well uh... I sorta splurged a little and spent it all on this new guitar..."

Yes, but guitars can become valuable collectors' items, whereas very few mother-in-laws do, even if you do keep them in humidity controlled vaults.

http://www.rondomusic.net/photos/electric/ky1cus22na5a.jpg

Your not gonna believe this one...guess how much

Don't cheat! :mad:

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

But worth getting for $25,000?

I haven't played a PRS that was for me. My fav config is 2 single coils and 1 double in the bridge--with a 5 pos switch and a splitter. The ones I played were a bit to dark for me. Very easy to play though, almost no resistance.

For the money I would probably get a G&L. I love their quality and craftsmanship. To each his own though. I dunno that I have played a pre 95' PRS.

If I have more than $1000 to spend I would most definately have the guitar assembled to my specs instead of buying a new one.

Museipp built his tele for like $750 or something and it is awesome.

Originally posted by Darklava:

http://www.rondomusic.net/photos/electric/ky1cus22na5a.jpg

Your not gonna believe this one...guess how much

Don't cheat! :mad:

DL i would say 1900.00? nope 179.00 and I'm gonna get one :P
The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

WOW!! Sounds like Ed Roman has a serious bug up his arse. Hey ED! STFU! I think only you and like two other people care.

Paul makes a killer axe. Are they for everybody? No. See, it's simple.

Ed Roman quote "Remember Bass players are almost always musicians, Guitar players especially the people who buy PRS guitars today are rarely musicians. Musicians aren't impressed with bird inlays and 10 tops so PRS could never have hoped to sell too many Basses."

OH I SEE now Ed Roman thinks HE KNOWS what real musicians are huh!!! That stupid SOB!! He does NOT know jack shit about musicians or care about them except selling his product (of the moment), he got riffed in a business deal and now he's trying to put the blame somewhere else! Nice try ED! it will be a very cold day in hell before you get any of my money, you idiot!!!

Originally posted by ellwood:

Ed Roman quote "Remember Bass players are almost always musicians, Guitar players especially the people who buy PRS guitars today are rarely musicians. Musicians aren't impressed with bird inlays and 10 tops so PRS could never have hoped to sell too many Basses."

His comment on what types of people buy PRS guitars does hold some merit but I have no idea where he's coming from on the whole "bass players are almost always musicians" thing. Most of the bass players I know (on my campus at least) can barley find their way around on the damn thing and just picked it up for one of two reasons:

A) They wanted to look cool and heard that Bass was easier to learn than guitar.

B) They wanted to look cool and heard that guitar playing was for "Randy Roads wannabe's" so they picked up the bass in fear of being labeled. (Youd be surprised how often I hear this one).

YtseJam your Majesty!

Originally posted by YzeCounsel:

Any pre-95 PRS is worth getting

Ed roman exposes the bitter truth:

http://www.edromanguitars.com/guitar/prs/history_prs.htm

http://www.edromanguitars.com/guitar/home_prs.htm

http://www.edromanguitars.com/rant/PRS_questions.htm

As a 1995 owner myself, i was somewhat struck by this data

I know bullshit when I hear/read it!

Let's see, Ed Roman doesn't like PRS guitars made after '95 and he just happens to have pre-95 guitars in stock... of course you're going to pay out the arse for them.

This guy is trying to artificially create a vintage guitar market out of guitars that... well... shouldn't be vintage.

He has contempt for anyone buying anything other than what he has to offer.

If pre-95 guitars are vintage... I'm vintage. :P

Buyer beware with this clown.

Hey, Darklava, what is that guitar? Whussupp?

There's a difference between a person with a bass (or guitar) and a real, actual bassist/guitarist/musician, hence situations like

Originally posted by GuitarWolf:

"most of the bass players I know (on my campus at least) can barley find their way around on the damn thing and just picked it up for one of two reasons"

And then...

Originally posted by YzeCounsel:

"Ed roman exposes the bitter truth"

...reminds me of how much questionable flotsom and jetsom there is floating around on the internet that should be taken with a BIG grain of salt; Ed Roman enjoys a very un-enviable reputation amongst NAMM-goers. I'd carefully consider and weigh whatever pearls of wisdom he offers, against what his motives might be...

I mean, come on, he states that one of the advantages to his replacement neck for PRS guitars is that the neck-pickup is mounted directly to the neck wood and thus adds mass...

...AFTER having stated that you should have mass removed from your PRS neck by him...

What BULLSHIT.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

i suspect that the guitar in question is an Agile.

i would bet on it.

And you would be correct.....man that looks to good to be true 179.00 a couple 57's wow! :love:

Archived