Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Playing guitar can be dangerous to your health

bluescat

Dude! Wheres my mosh pit?

Bounce through window puts bizarre coda on bed-leaping guitarists life

SINGAPORE - A teenage guitarist got so carried away while bouncing up and down on his bed mimicking a rock star that he flew out of a third floor window to his death, a Singapore newspaper reported.

The Straits Times said in Wednesday's editions that Li Xiao Meng, a 16-year-old from China who was studying at Singapores Hua Business School, was a keen musician who liked to jump up and down while playing his guitar in his hostel room.

But on Nov. 17 he took things a bit too far, the newspaper said, reporting on a coroners court findings.

Ruling death by misadventure, the court said evidence points to the deceased unintentionally falling out of the window to his death when he was hyped up with exhilaration, jumping up and down on the bed placed against an open window while mimicking a rock guitarist.

Normally the windows were locked, the newspaper said, but students sometimes forced them open so they could smoke, something prohibited by the hostel.

Copyright 2006 Reuters Limited.

bluescat

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too bad it wasn't America. He could sue the hostel for not posting proper signs saying that "if you jump on the bed you could fall out the window." Then there was the inadequate window locks which allowed the students to jimmy them open, then there were no safety bars on the windows in case someone did break the locks. Oh, the family would be set for life...
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Originally posted by caprae:

Too bad it wasn't America. He could sue the hostel for not posting proper signs saying that "if you jump on the bed you could fall out the window." Then there was the inadequate window locks which allowed the students to jimmy them open, then there were no safety bars on the windows in case someone did break the locks. Oh, the family would be set for life...

Trouble is, it's true.....

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

Originally posted by bluescat:

But on Nov. 17 he took things a bit too far,

He took it all too far,

But Boy! Could he play guitar... ;)

Ohmhigawd, Vince, that's too funny! Wicked, perverse, darkling, but fuuun-ny! :D:D:D:thu:

Originally posted by Braxat:

why was he jumping on a bed??

It was comin' right at 'im!

It was him, or the Seally-Posturpedic...

Originally posted by caprae:

"Too bad it wasn't America. He could sue the hostel..."

Dude- he couldn't sue anyone for anything, not even in America. He's dead. ;)

Seriously, that's too bad. But it's good to indulge in a little dark "gallows humor" now and then; I'd bet that Li Xiao Meng coulda seen the humor in it all...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by skipclone 1:

I read this a few days ago in the paper and about fell down laughing. Terrible, but it does give a new meaning to `air guitar` :D

come to think of it it gives a new meaning to `dive bomb` too.

Okay I stop now...

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

....it does give a new meaning to `air guitar`

Aw man, that was going to be my line!.

you could probably work "stop tail piece" and "hammer-on" into this story somehow.

Seriously, poor bastard. At least there are worse ways to go.

"I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes." - Jimi Hendrix

Archived