Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dave vs. Jay, Conan vs. Craig, and Jimmy

QoolSynthEFX

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, maybe I was a bit snotty there, but it was only 'cause my parents were brutally murdered by TV Talk-Show hosts when I was little, and I was raised by a Late Night TV Show Band...

Uhmn, why do you want to ask us, here in a guitar and music forum, about TV Talk-Show hosts, Q'? Whussuppwidatt?

Do you play guitar, or want to? Let's talk about that stuff! :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I like Leno and Conan the best.

But I will always be partial to the late great Johnny Carson.

Carson was better than all of them combined.

I personally don't care for Letterman. He just isn't very witty to me. Leno seems like a nice guy and he is very witty on the spot. He can still make you smile even though he is overexposed and on EVERY night.

I read an interview with him that basically said, he doesn't spend any of the money he makes on the Tonight Show. He actually still makes all of his spendable income doing standup on the side. All of the cars and motorcycles he owns were bought with money he earned from his standup act, not the tonight show. He said it is the only way he can really feel like a real comedian.

I like his personality and he seems like a nice guy.

I really don't have an opinion on this. I haven't seen a late night "chat" show in about 20 years. I can't usually stay up that late. At least, not to watch TV. If I have to be up that late, it's usually for something related to work.

Born on the Bayou

• 2 months later...

I like conan second to Jay. I knew a guy who worked on a movie with Jay Leno and Pat Morita in like 89. Anyways, he said Jay was super nice and extremely funny off the set. Wasn't afraid to hang out with the lesser knowns and party a little.

I really think Jay Leno is a total pro. He comes to play every night and does a damn good job. Being successful in that line of work is pretty intense. I mean any show that is on every night. Or even just 5 nights a week.

But so is Conan. He rocks too. I don't watch that stuff much, but I will always resort back to the true charmer Johnny Carson.. Johnny was hilarious but he also knew how to interview people.

I think Letterman is flat alot. He just doesn't do it for me. Sometimes I feel like it is too 'inside' for me.

Plus Kevin Eubanks is a GOD!!!

Archived