Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Million Korg March

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL...partly my fault. To be fair I only posted products that would be of direct interest - Korg released a good bit of other stuff as well. You can see the list of new products here, and that"s all in addition to the Nautilus, Wavestate, opsix, and ARP 2600! https://korg-us.com/future-product-preview/

To be honest I was astonished at the amount of new gear from Korg this year!! Holy crap!

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

The new Korg Nautilus is the successor to the Kronos, is it not?

It's a scaled-down version. It is an open question as to whether or not they will maintin both in the line at different price points.

BTW, I think maybe the thread shoule be renamed... Dozen Korg January?

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

It's a scaled-down version. It is an open question as to whether or not they will maintin both in the line at different price points.

Ah, thank you for the correction. In any case, I think the Nautilus probably ate up any development budget allotted for the Kronos line.

Keyboards: Nord Electro 6D 73, Korg SV-1 88, Minilogue XD, Yamaha YPG-625

Bonus: Boss RC-3 Loopstation

No Kronos upgrade or even just an update. Sad.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NAUTILUS88--korg-nautilus-88-digital-performance-workstation-black

No, it's NOT the successor to the Kronos, it a stripped down version of a Kronos like the MoDX is a stripped down Montage. Both are a way to add a SKU to their product lines for a less expensive version of their flagship workstations. I see it as a way to keep the existing technology investment making money so they can move to newer tech for both boards/companies.

Ah, thank you for the correction. In any case, I think the Nautilus probably ate up any development budget allotted for the Kronos line.

Or they do not believe there is sufficient demand for a new Kronos model, based on sales figures, market research, etc.

If the new Kurzweil K2700 does well, Korg will know that"s wrong.

Good question as to whether Korg is preparing an answer to the Kurzweil K2700, that will also keep Roland Fantom on its toes.... assuming both Roland and Korg still want to maintain their high-end workstation market.

One thing about Korg - they're not into dramatic countdowns or leaks. They might flash a prototype once in a while like they did with Opsix. But generally we find out about their new stuff only when it's ready to be announced.

Yamaha announced some products but that's off topic to this thread. There is already a long, ongoing thread on their two newest keyboard products.