Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Key Largo mixer question

Hey Folks!

I'm considering adding a Radial Key Largo mixer to control my Nord Elector 5D and Apple MacBook Pro running Mainstage.

Its specs look amazing; except that it seems I'd be losing the ability to use "bus powered" USB MIDI controllers if I opt to send the Mac's audio through the Key Largo via USB.

That would ultimately mean using a traditional MIDI connector etc.

Am I missing something in the specs or is that just the way it is?

As always, thanks in advance!

Tom

Tom

Nord Electro 5D, Modal Cobalt 8, Yamaha upright piano, numerous plug-ins...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the KL-8 now but when I had the KL I connected the USB of the KL to the Mac running Mainstage, and then the MIDI controllers to the MAC, so it shouldn't be an issue if the bus-powered MIDI controller currently works fine connected to your Mac.

Hey Folks!

I'm considering adding a Radial Key Largo mixer to control my Nord Elector 5D and Apple MacBook Pro running Mainstage.

Its specs look amazing; except that it seems I'd be losing the ability to use "bus powered" USB MIDI controllers if I opt to send the Mac's audio through the Key Largo via USB.

That would ultimately mean using a traditional MIDI connector etc.

Am I missing something in the specs or is that just the way it is?

As always, thanks in advance!

Tom

I don't think so â it depends on your MBP and how many ports you have. I use that exact same rig: Nord Electro 5D73 & Novation Launchkey 61 controlling MainStage on a 2015 15" MBP Retina. Launchkey USB goes to one USB port, Key Largo in the other. Up up and away.

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

It should do. I run Stage2EX into USB and KL into USB on 2014 Macbook pro (albeit the Stage2 isnt bus powered). I also run the Wave through the KL's midi ins/outs and that works fine too
Nord Stage 2EX | Nord Wave | Mainstage | Key Largo

I use key largo with my 2 yamaha refaces(cp and yc) and the sound is fantastic!

Now i will start to use macbook and mainstage...

I use it in my home studio as a recording interface and it is excellent!

My advice is to buy it, you will never regret it!

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com