Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Wonders of Craigslist

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Blast from the past. Immediately brought back vivid memories as that was the first keyboard I gigged with. Was in high school and paid $500 used with an 825 Leslie for $300 back in '76.

Yamaha C2, Yamaha MODX7, Hammond SK1, Hammond XK-5 Heritage Pro System, Korg Kronos 2 61, Yamaha CP4, Kurzweil PC4-7, Nord Stage 3 73, Nord Wave 2, QSC 8.2, Motion Sound KP 210S,  Key Largo, etc…yeah I have too much…

Wow, memories for me as well. My first keyboard was VIP 400 + Leslie 147

Wow, you beat me, barely. My first rig, 1976, I was 15, was a VIP 400 and a Leslie 145.

I kept the organ until about 15 years ago. Sold it to Dark Star Orchestra.

Leslie was destroyed in a flood caused by Hurricane Irina 9 years ago or I would still have it.

:nopity:

Damn, I know some folks around Cultus! If hadn't just spent all that money on that useless NS3, I could pick this one up...

I do think if Whiter Shade Of Pale, Gimme Some Lovin' and Green Onions had been done on a Farfisa, we'd all be salivating over it, debating this or that vibrato, and the authenticity of any given clonewheel's je ne sais quoi nasally wheeze.

Here for the gear.

I do think if Whiter Shade Of Pale, Gimme Some Lovin' and Green Onions had been done on a Farfisa, we'd all be salivating over it, debating this or that vibrato, and the authenticity of any given clonewheel's je ne sais quoi nasally wheeze.

Love me some combo organ, but you just made my head hurt. Sig worthy!

Moe

---

Damn, I know some folks around Cultus! If hadn't just spent all that money on that useless NS3, I could pick this one up...

agreed, with one notable exception. Combo organs were not built like Hammond organs. They have electronics that are prone to fail after these 40 years, while Hammond were overbuilt and most are still problem free after all this time.

This is why after much debate I decided on a Korg Vox for my current setup rather than a vintage combo organ.

:nopity: