Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

post your music for honest feedback

Phil W

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say: I have one very FUNKY left-hand position...and I don't mean in a good way. Check out my pinky: Curled up like a roly-poly. The rest of my fingers look like I'm playing the piano. Definitely have to work at flattening my fingers. Yikes. Either that or I'll have to change my handle to "Claw Hand Mama."

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

Aw, thanks, Wally. A bunch of my friends surprised me by showing up to cheer me on. They were going crazy, which really cracked me up. Aside from the abject terror and my trembling hands (and one really loud wrong note at the end), it was kind of fun. Also, no foot cramps! But then i only played 2 songs. Anyway, thanks.

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, just found these forums after living on guitar forums for so long. Figured I'd introduce myself and say hi. I'm John, I live in Maine and I play bass. I guess there's not much more to it than that. I'd like to find a regular place online to learn from and to meet other players.

As part of my little introduction, here are two songs I've written, I'd love some critique from a bass players perspective though.

Mister Retro - Bluesy first song I ever wrote, it's about my cat.

http://soundcloud.com/endureth/mister-retro

I'll See You There - An old school metal romp I wrote, played and sang on.

Thanks, it means a lot. Strange thing, but ever since I first wrote Mr Retro I've never heard one negative comment about it, even despite the wicked amateur recording. It's blows my mind because I kept reading that you have to write a ton of songs before you start writing things people may like.

I don't get anywhere near the compliments on any other song as I do for Mr Retro. I'm happy about it, but I don't quite get it.

Thanks again for listening.

Alrighty, three songs on electric upright and played through my brand new Barefaced Super Twin:

This Is The Life - I think I am pedaling the wrong string at one point. Luckily it sort of fit in, tonally :grin:

Black Magic Woman - I never really get the intro to work on upright, at least not to my liking.

Time Flies - in my ever so humble opinion, I am pushing the beat too much. Should have been more laid back.

Feel free to (dis)agree with me!

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Hello guys!! That's my tribute to Rush and the legendary Geddy Lee! Of course I can't play like him.. but I did my best:)

On this video I used my new Alusonic Hybrid Signature bass with Aguilar Super Single Pickups.

Feel free to share it if you like it!

Thanks so much!

[video:youtube]