Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HK Lucas Nano 600 as keyboard amp?

The 'which keyboard for weddings/receptions' that morphed into 'which small amp/ppa/speakers' got me thinking about a stereo PPA and I came across some info on a Lucas Nano.

There"s a new in a box model 600 on clearance - has been replaced by the 602 recently - the main difference I"ve been able to ascertain is the 602 has Bluetooth and one stereo input to accommodate a mixer or an iPad as digital mixer.

There was a short thread back a few years ago which I"ve read, but if anyone has the Lucas Nano with any recent experience as a small keyboard amp, especially the 600, I"d appreciate your input!

Here for the gear.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really excited when I read about the Lucas Nano and I bought one used. If I was a solo performer/vocalist I think it would of been fine. As a pianist I would have to say it sucked. It didn't sound that great. I could never dial in, for example, a nice Rhodes stereo vibrato sound and it is the TOTAL schlep when setting up, with the cords and stands, etc. Too many pieces to put together.

The good news is was able to sell it and make a small profit.

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

I was really excited when I read about the Lucas Nano and I bought one used. If I was a solo performer/vocalist I think it would of been fine. As a pianist I would have to say it sucked. It didn't sound that great. I could never dial in, for example, a nice Rhodes stereo vibrato sound and it is the TOTAL schlep when setting up, with the cords and stands, etc. Too many pieces to put together.

The good news is was able to sell it and make a small profit.

So that's NahNo!

Thank you. End of story.

Here for the gear.

I do a restaurant duo with a girl on sax/vox and me doing piano and drum/bass tracks.

We use a Bose L1 something. Can't remember the model. L1S, maybe? Got two 'subs' going with it and I like it a lot.

Use it with an XR18 and everything is more or less flat, EQ-wise.

Obviously any stereo FX are not really gonna work. But, it's a two min set up; and, can go in the smallest of corners.

And, a disclaimer, I also like Bose 802s :-) but not a fan boy by any account.

I tried the HK column in a shop and compared to the terrible Mackie version next to it, the HK was much more 'hifi', but the Bose just sounded good outta the box.

• 1 month later...

I thought I might as well give it a try. The price was reduced by almost 50% and there's a 30-day return policy with the retailer, so, why not? Note: I bought the 600 Model (the one on sale) but far as I can tell, the only difference between it and the newer model 608 is in the mixer portion and iPad controls. Being as I have full EQ and mixer ability on my Kronos61, I felt the sale price made it a deal not worth passing up.

Well, I'm impressed. Everything I've read in the SOS Review regarding sound and quality of build is spot on.

I have till the weekend to decide for sure, but at this point I believe for my purposes (at home and small/lightweight gigs) it's a keeper. If I ever need more than that, there are always other options, ie output the Nano to FOH or just accept what's provided by a house PA.

I have my SSv3 up for sale locally, but no bites. I don't want to undersell it and actually I'm still on the fence, so I'd be just as happy to keep it. Come to think, I could likely use the Nano's subwoofer with it and it's a win/win either way.

Here for the gear.