Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Akai Keyboard Sampler (rumor)

There's been some lively discussion in other places over the latest update to Akai MPC firmware 2.10.

This came up in one of the discussions. Sharing here because I know ProfD has been looking for a keyboard sampler. Maybe somebody else here too?

https://www.synthanatomy.com/2021/07/akai-pro-mpc-key-61-firmware-2-10-leaks-new-mpc-keyboard-sampler-workstation.html

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny - I finally just installed a Gotek USB floppy emulator in an S2800 that I bought 3 years ago as a project. Great filters - looking forward to digging in again and having some fun with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting....

I bought an MPC 2000XL back in 1999 to replace my Ensoniq ASR-10 because it was too heavy and bulky to perform live with; I adapted all the drum sounds, one-shot effects and loops to MPC format and let my rompler at the time (Alesis QS6) handle all the chromatic instrument sounds.

Not GASsing (I've since bought another ASR-10 some 15 years after selling the old one), but I'm curious to see what this one is capable of.

I"ve got the Live, the Akai has those hot ass outputs like the S4/5000"s did back when we got mere MB"s to get our work done.

Workflow would be so much faster and easier by setting up samples across the keys and unlimited RAM.

I would buy an 88 immediately.

Have way too many VSTs and synths, don"t need more of anything but samples..

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

Well how about that... I've also repeatedly expressed interest in this concept, and Prof and I have exchanged PMs about it. I just picked up a Pioneer Toraiz SP-16 (with the DSI filters!), and it seems pretty awesome for my needs so far. But a self-contained unit like this could both be a killer studio master keyboard or a really interesting new niche for live stuff. Depending on the execution, we might have to break out the ol' "gamechanger" designation.