Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How can you say no to THIS ebay ad

Corner Pocket

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uhmn, what in the Hell does a Strat of any vintage have to do with Chinese antiques, no matter how either are spelled??? Baffling! Mind boggling, wondering what some people were thinking... ??!!?? Just plain weird!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Something tells me this guitar would not make it past Customs (or whatever Canada calls it).

And a $210 shipping charge is a little on the high side...

Still, the ad is pretty entertaining once you figure out what he's trying to say. :D

Notice how the items he has feedback on are all gone?

Born on the Bayou

There's been a whole bundle of stuff on Ebay UK like this - they charge £0.99 for the item and £240.00 for delivery - nice ploy!!!

The fractured English is always amusing to read.

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Can anyone translate this?

If you like china antique ,If you are china antiques collector, Please do not miss this item ,Look ,It's very prettiness, It at china symbolize safety, Lucky and riches and honour, So provided with, You are good lucky.
The only part I understand is the first part, (If you like Chinese antiques or are a collector of Chinese antiques, please do not miss this item.)

The rest of it I haven't a clue... :freak:

Born on the Bayou

I spent a couple of years in Mainland China....the translation difficulty works both ways. When I was trying to learn to speak the language, I had a bad habit of trying to translate directly from English to Chinese...that simply doesn't always work. You end up with things like this Ebay ad in reverse. You end up saying things that don't even resemble what you were trying to say....and the people tend to look at you like you might not only be crazy, but dangerous, too. Part of the problem is culture...it has a very large affect on the use of the language. Another problem is that some English words have no Chinese equivalent. There are no words for "yes" and "no", for instance, and no words to differentiate between "him", "her", and "it"...they are all the same word. Add to that the fact that it's a tonal language...the same word means 3 or 4 different things depending upon the tone with which it's spoken...and you have a recipe for translational disasters. You might step into a small shop on a hot afternoon and attempt to say "Please, sir...I would gladly pay double and clean your floors for a cold drink."...what actually comes out is "I have a gun and horrible disfiguring contagious Western diseases and I'm here to eat your children." By the way, nodding and smiling is NOT a good idea if you don't clearly understand what the police are saying to you.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Originally posted by A String A String A Wonderful Thing:

I love the line:

Look ,It's very prettiness, It at china symbolize safety, Lucky and riches and honour, So provided with, You are good lucky.

Ahhhh...Good Lucky.

The only thing it's missing after this is "me so horny! Me love you long time".

Sorry, guess I'm having Philippines flashbacks. :P

Originally posted by KPB:

Ahhhh...Good Lucky.

The only thing it's missing after this is "me so horny! Me love you long time".

Sorry, guess I'm having Philippines flashbacks. :P [/QB]

Yep, you're a Marine.

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

sounds like the eBay equivalent of The Simpsons' "Mr. Sparkle" ad from a few years ago!

"Out of my way, all of you! This is no time for loafers! Join me or die!"

"I used to be "with it", but then they changed what "it" was! Now what I'm with isn't "it", and what is "it" is weird and scary to me. IT'LL HAPPEN TO YOU!" - Grampa Simpson

Originally posted by rockincyanblues:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Fender-sratocaster-Electric-guitar-blue_W0QQitemZ7362643442QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I should buy more for discount.

I enjoyed the feedback section too.

Peace,

Paul

WOW! With advertising like that, he just convinced me to buy his strat guitar and not get my 57 reissue brand new........actually now that I think about it....NOT!!!! LOL!!!

Archived