Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

again, with the order of effects...

BillWelcome Home Studios

I usually just throw these things together when I need them, without any particular thought about order. But now that I have a little time, I'm revisiting the pedal board project. It is finshed and the pedals are mounted but not wired.

So before I custom cut and wire the interconnects, I thought that I would get some opinions. I have a fair idea of what I would do, but I'm open to suggestions. A reason why you would do a certain thing a certain way would help.

I've got the Fulltone Deja2, Clyde, and '69. I've got the Reverend Drivetrain. And finally, a Mr Echo. There is a StroboStomp, too... but I thnk that I can handle that one on my own. :D There is also a Radial Tonebone Hot British that could be a part of the rig, but currently is just a side piece.

Any thoughts?

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by FJ:

typically: volume/wah----> od's/fuzzes----> vibes/choruses/flangers----> echo/delay/verb.

or you can relieve yourself of the trouble and just send them all to me :D:wave:

:D
The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Hey Bill, I think FunkJazz cites the "rule of thumb" pretty well. One consideration is which pedals need to be first nearest the guitar, the fulltone fuzz is definately one of those. I don't know if for other pedals it will be that critical.

One think I like is putting a distortion on either side of my wah and evelop filter so I can get the distortion sound on either side of the those as it is often very different.

I make up a new order each time I put the pedals together. I mean once I put it all together it stays for a while but then if I take the pedal board apart I start from scratch when putting it back together again.

It was Octafuzz, AF-9, wah, Jackhammer, chorus, phaser, amp. then it was Fulldrive II, AF-9, Wah, SIB Varidrive, Chorus, phaser, amp.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

Archived