Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mitch G at Sweetwater Classical master

Robman2

OK,

I said hi to him today and he came to the showroom and played the living crap on my new Benito...at my request.

Mitch is a master classical guitarist...

All those EQ years and I had no idea he can play like that.

He made the guitar sing, wow.

Rob

Label on the reverb, inside 1973 Ampeg G-212: "Folded Line Reverberation Unit" Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton WIS. under controlled atmosphere conditions.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Rob - you're WAY too kind!

Thanks for letting me play your new guitar it's a real beauty!

If you need to store it at my house until the next time you get this way, let me know!

the poster formerly known as MitchG formerly known as EQ_Editor

Originally posted by MitchG:

"If you need to store it at my house until the next time you get this way, let me know!"

:D:thu:

MitchG, how come you're so scarce around these parts?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I may be more recognizeable as "EQ_Editor," (or not) but since I haven't been the EQ Editor in a few months, I changed my screen name.

I was more active on Craig Anderton's forum, and in the EQ forums, though I have lurked on all the MP forums pretty regularly!

Just razzin' ya, doctor.

Just so happens, I checked up on your most recent posts-list earlier, on account of your new rep as a solid dog on nylons (strings, that is), and had noted your particular affinity for the SSS and other points thataways.

Drop by more often, and bring your guitar! :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Mitch...I hear quite a bit of playing and it's simply a gift that we who can, should...

Years ago when I lived in Tahoe, someone had a book of Llamic Tibeten verse...

(Paraphrase) One was about the poet and musician who had been ill luck striken, sick etc...the Llama said, you have a gift and do not share with those whose purpose is to hear the results of you selfless expression, so you must share that gift or it will devour your soul and so unless you practice your craft...you suffer...

Not implicit but, Mr. G....you are a gifted player indeed...sorry I did not see you sitting at the table, I was too busy hanging with skirts uncatchable...at Muriel's set.

I should be back that way after CEDIA, perhaps we can do some playing off the clock then.

Thanks for the inspiration,

Rob

Label on the reverb, inside 1973 Ampeg G-212: "Folded Line Reverberation Unit" Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton WIS. under controlled atmosphere conditions.

Listening to the incomprable Muriel Anderson (A looker, in her own right!) but watching the sights at nearby tables, eh, Rob?!? ;)

Ah.. I remember a lass from my youth who played guitar much better than she gave herself credit for.. Perhaps it was she you were watching? :D

BTW - Mitch, get in line! The Benito needs to be kept in a controlled environment in Nashville so Rob has it at his beck and call for performances at the Bluebird, writer's appointments and the like.

No need to ask, Rob.. I'll be more than happy to sacrifice.. er.. something to care for your new baby. The address is... :D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Mr. G - I like that. Screen name change....

My wife won me a guitar lesson with Muriel at last summer's All-Star Guitar Night silent auction. I have yet to collect, though I talked to Muriel about it last Saturday. She's a great player.

Thanks for the welcome, I'll be around!

Back in the office, thanks to all who made the sales trip so much more than that...

I just spoke with Doyle Dykes, he's doin OK...for those who don't know, he had a benign tumor in his right middle ear and removal subsequently, was no fun...he's headed to Louisiana now, Taylor clinics and church gigs, plus James Burton's Festival in Baton Rouge around the third week of the month.

R

Archived