Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Crestline

seren

A friend of mine just gave me a really beat-up Crestline guitar. The electronics are all screwed up (which is why he gave it to me) and it needs new strings. But I don't know anything about the guitar. I can't find much about Crestline at all. Does anyone know anything about Crestline? I'm trying to find out what model it is? If anyone has any info to share...
Now look what you made me do.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I've been able to tell the Crestline guitars were made in Japan in the 70's and 80's. I think they were copies of other guitars. But that's all I know.

Yes I do...I had a Les Paul custom copy, gold

trim nice guitar I traded for cymbles for

our drummer back 76. DUMB MOVE

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

The first electric I ever had was a Crestline Les Paul gold top copy. Like Lava said, wish I never would have sold it (along with about a dozen others). Great tone and feel, looked and played great. Oh yeah, that would have been about 1976.

Once I thought I saw you, in a crowded, hazy, bar........

Even the Gibson L6S' had problems with their electronics. Carlos Santana, who endorsed them for a while, said they were like an American Motors car, always in the shop for one thing or another. If you replace the electronics, going with a different setup sounds like it might be a good idea...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Yeah, I thought about switching the setup, but I was so looking forward to the 6 position switch. I don't trust myself to do the work myself though, so I have to get someone that is qualified to rewire it. I may do the shielding myself though. If I find myself having to get it worked on over and over again I suppose that will be incentive to learn how to do it myself though. I actually like that it isn't a Gibson, I think that it's kind of funny to have a knock-off of something (especially if I can get it for free). I have this Member's Only Jacket knock-off that I love. Where it would say Member's Only on the breast pocket it says Cortina.

Originally posted by seren:

Yeah, I thought about switching the setup, but I was so looking forward to the 6 position switch. I don't trust myself to do the work myself though, so I have to get someone that is qualified to rewire it.

Have a look at the Torres Amps web site -

Torres 6 Position Switch

they do 6 pos. switches - I have one in my Frankenstrat. However I understand that the switch in the L6-S is more about wiring the pups together in different ways, whereas this is about capicitors..........

Just forget the last few lines - I've fallen out of my tree.

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Archived