Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New house, new studio, new(ish) gear...

spiral light

All I need to do now is find the time to unpack. The room dedicated to the studio is a total mess (as is most ofthe rest of the house). I did manage to find time to go shopping on ebay:

Shadow sh-1550 midi pickup

Alesis ADAT XT

sm57

I haven't even got the computers up and running yet, hopefully this weekend + photos too.

www.windhamhill.com - Shameless Advertising!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, just keep pounding at it. I moved to a new place in Feb, just got the living room rug a couple of days ago (delivery times.... sheesh...) and still waiting for the coffee and end tables that I ordered a month ago. Trying to get four floors of books, paintings, amps, instruments and other stuff into a 2 bedroom apartment is quite an ordeal.

I want to get the second bedroom set up as a music room/writing room, but many of the boxes are still unpacked, and I don't have time to go to the studio so a lot of music is going unplayed. Sooner or later though, all those boxes will be empty and I will be able to wire the room. I have a call into the local case builder to get some custom racks made for the space... it's like baby steps compared to building a studio, but that only makes it all the more frustrating and bemusing....

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Oh man, I feel for you! :D Our home still isn't "put together" either. We've been in it about 3 weeks now. I'm working 10 hour graves, so it's been kinda hard for me to really focus on it. But my dear Wife has been pounding away little by little.

I have to try and focus my energies on it though since I will be deploying in Sept. :P

God Bless :wave:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by A String:

Looking forward to the pics and songs from your new studio!

That is really a great photo of Abbey!

I'm sure that you are a proud Daddy. :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Thanks to y'all, I have to get before & after pics up, the room looks like a disaster site at the minute. I just got the main computer set up last night, no internet yet as it is a mac and I need Adelphia's help with that (which reminds me, I need to call them now). Also, all my posting of late (very late) has been from work.

Progress is being made on the rest of the house though (my studio is taking a back seat to everything else). On top of that I can't do much during the week (lil' one to look after).

www.windhamhill.com - Shameless Advertising!

Archived