Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gulp and Gasp. Seriously scarey stuff.

Jim Soloway

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God bless you and your business, Jim. I hope the ads get you lots of business. I checked out your site, and the stuff looks really interesting.

Where did you get the idea for the 27" scale length? I played a guitar with a noticeably longer scale some years back, and it really was cool. I think the model name was "Oasis" and the guy who owned it told me it was an off-make Alembic. It had the EMG pickups like an Alembic, but I never heard of the brand before and I haven't since.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

THanks guys. The ad is going to be running in the product spotlight section starting in the issue that ships in early May. It's also going to be in a special lessons issue that's coming out in late April.

I've signed up for 6 months plus the special issue plus I'm doing the Classi Guitar show on Long Island in May, so I sure hope the orders keep coming in. We had a tremendous run starting in mid-January, but honestly I'm still at that point where I wonder if each order is going to be the last.

And Picker, the 27 inch scale length came from a need for additional tension on the low string of my 7-string and a desire to get a more piano like articulation for the way that I play.

I would think an ad in GP is money well spent. I've seen your ads in Vintage Guitar, showed it to my wife and said you were a fellow forumite, hoping some of your "cool" rubs off on me! Good luck, I'll keep an eye out for it.
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

:thu:

I hope you get a bajillion orders and make thousands of friends, Jim. All of your guitars look top notch and built with love.

Best,

phaeton

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Thanks again guys. The support always goes a long way.

Some of you have been watching this progress from long before the first guitar was even built. It's come a very long way since then, but it's still very much a roller coaster. There are days when it feels like we're going to be the next big time builder and I'm going to end up retired on a coutry estate and then there are days when it feels like we've sold our last guitar and the shadow cast by the debts and bills are larger than a mountain. I keep trying to remind myself that it's always just one day at a time, one step at a time. But very clearly, some steps are bigger than others and this is definitely one of those.

BTW Tedster, the old Fender bass finish was exactly what I had in mind with that sunburst 7-string. I picked out the top for that guitar a year before we had even started cutting anything. It's flamed ash and there was just something magical about the glow and subtlety in the figure. It was my personal guitar for quite a while. After building my latest a few months ago, we finally sold it to a player in Ireland. It's one of those guitars that I wish I could have afforded to keep just for sentimental reasons but at least it's got a good home.

You have to let your potential customers know you exist.... and then of course, you have to deliver quality products that they're going to dig. I think you have the second part of the equation down pat, and now you've done something about the first part. IOW, I think it was a good move Jim. :cool: Best of luck!

Archived