Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hey folks!

NMcGuitar

Remember me?

Sorry I've been gone for so long. I got busy with life, and then decided that since I had already gone a while without feeding my GP Forum addiction, it might be a good idea to take a little break for a while.

So, what's been going on in here? I know I'll never catch up on everything I've missed, so if there's anything big, let me know.

I'm still technically unemployed, but have been doing a ton of freelancing.

My band has been doing pretty well, and we've finally decided on a name:

Mike's Garage

I'll try not to be so much of a stranger anymore.

:D

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back! :wave:

Recent hot topics: Recent purchases of guitars by forumites (lots of Agiles), discussions of the new stomp boxes from Behringer based on models from EH, Boss & Tech21, favorite amps, etc......

Hope you land a new gig soon!

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

(Nigel Tufnel voice:) He's turned it up to 11's! :D

Good for you, Neil. Glad to see you back. Even if it does get confusing when people start talking to Neil and it ain't me.. or is.. me. :rolleyes::D

Can you still bend notes with the 11's? I don't think I could do that. Not well, anyway. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Actually, I'm not finding it difficult to bend with the 11's. I expected it to be much harder than it is. Sure, I can feel that there's a difference, but it's not that bad. I just switched last week, so I haven't seen how much different it feels after a marathon practice (won't know that unitl Thursday), but just sitting and playing for a few hours was fine. :D

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I've switched back to 10's again.

Interestingly enough, bending wasn't the problem. After a couple of practices with mt band, I just couldn't get used to the right-hand attack. It really was slowing up my playing and making it a lot less smooth. I also noticed a little difficulty getting hammer-ons and pull-offs to be the proper volume.

My band has a pretty big gig coming up on the 25th, and I decided it would be better to go back to what I was comfortable with. After the gig, I'll probably put 11's on my Les Paul and practice with that guitar at home until I'm comfortable with the feel.

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

I managed to miss the llama fad.

Back when I was a kid, I had to type responses for this forum in the snow, uphill (both ways), with no shoes, while dragging a Whistlepig.

And I was thankful for it! :D

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Primarily classic rock and blues. We try to do a lot of tunes that are less common (so you aren't likely to have heard it 3 times that day on the radio), but are still recognizable. We really love when we start a song and audiences are saying things like, "Great tune! I haven't heard this song in ages!"

We also make a point of trying to make every song "our own". We add our own twists and breaks, sometimes we change the feel quite a bit, and so on. If someone is looking for a strict cover version of something, they're not gonna be too happy with us! :D

Does that tell you what you want to know? If not, there's a little more info on our web page. (See link in my signature)

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Archived