Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Music at Work

Shannon

Just had to share the embarrassment. I'm working away in my little office today. I work better with music on and I've got a Zep CD in my computer. I don't consider Zep's music to be offensive and never thought twice about it. An older couple came into my office and sat down to apply for one of my apartments.... as i'm running the credit check it's dead silence except for zep... guitar solo middle of traveling riverside blues... good song i'm thinking to myself and then Robert belts out squeeze my lemon till the juice runs down my leg, squeeze it so hard i fall right out of bed... oops! should have seen that one coming... i try to look at them out of the corner of my eye to see if it registered or not... some people can be weird about that sort of thing... i'm panicing should i turn it off... would that make it too obvious... just play it off... naw man you were just hearing things he didn't say that. I'm picturing them telling my boss about my perverted music and losing my music at work privilages. My boss has never even heard of Led Zeppelin. Didn't learn my lesson, still listening to it. :D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is only vaguely related, and possibly offensive.

IF EASILY OFFENDED - PLEASE TURN THE PAGE

I listen to college radio at work. The morning program is folk-oriented, with a lot of singer-songwriter type material. This style has a number of prominent female artists who are lesbian and proud of it. Sometimes, the DJ's (college students, either don't screen the tracks they are about to play, or hit the wrong button on the CD player...One day, I'm sitting there, and one song ends, and the next song starts. A little guitar picking, and then the (female) singer starts the first line (here comes the offensive part):

I give blowjobs on couches,

to guys I don't love anymore

Suddenly, the song fades away, and a public service announcement comes on, followed by some Bob Dylan or something. I listened to the whole rest of the show, and the DJ NEVER said a word about it. Oops.

Shannon, I don't think I could work for someone that hadn't heard of Led Zeppelin!!

Anyway, if the people were that old, they probably think Robert was singing about a messy accident in the produce department of his local Safeway that happened to be in his bedroom :D

OR they were too deaf to hear or comprehend the lyrics. You know you can't understand lyrics of music these days, or 30 years ago ;)

Either way if they do tell on you, unless you are listening to the same song when your boss comes in, you can always deny it. :cool:

Originally posted by cosmo115:

Shannon, I don't think I could work for someone that hadn't heard of Led Zeppelin!!

Anyway, if the people were that old, they probably think Robert was singing about a messy accident in the produce department of his local Safeway that happened to be in his bedroom :D

OR they were too deaf to hear or comprehend the lyrics. You know you can't understand lyrics of music these days, or 30 years ago ;)

Either way if they do tell on you, unless you are listening to the same song when your boss comes in, you can always deny it. :cool:

lol ... yeah denial is the game plan.... i'm a professional... i would never listen to something like that! :eek:

Originally posted by Shannon:

Originally posted by cosmo115:

lol ... yeah denial is the game plan.... i'm a professional... i would never listen to something like that! :eek:
:thu:

While at work, I always have my music going, which consists of Tool, A Perfect Circle, Metallica, Rage against the Machine, etc. :thu:

Nothing better to program to then Rage. To think that at one time, Big Blue made it's employees wear suits. :rolleyes:

cheap, fast, good.

Choose 2.

Originally posted by jaygNY:

While at work, I always have my music going, which consists of Tool, A Perfect Circle, Metallica, Rage against the Machine, etc. :thu:

Nothing better to program to then Rage. To think that at one time, Big Blue made it's employees wear suits. :rolleyes:

We probably make parts for you. :) Tyco Electronics ring a bell?

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Originally posted by pauldil:

Shannon, when you say "an older couple", just how old were they? Zep's music has been around a long time now, so I figure they'd have to be REALLY old to be offended by them :D

Paul

Good point.

It's also possible that they never even noticed the lyric. People have a way of missing the most obvious stuff when their minds are focused elswhere.

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Originally posted by bluestrat:

Kind of on a related note... "You'll get nothin' but hot licks when you're jammin' with a Big Johnson" :D

That's the funniest damn thing I've heard in a while ... thanks for cracking me up blue! :D

How on earth could there actually be somebody who's never heard OF Led Zep?!? I could understand if you'd never heard their music (even that's a stretch...) but what cave have they been in the last 30 years? Youzers.
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

I'm not kidding there are probably 30 people in this whole area that have heard of Led Zeppelin. I live in the black hole of the universe. There are three people (including myself) in this office who have heard of Zep, and two of us who actually listen to them. Astounds me too.

I'm not kidding there are probably 30 people in this whole area that have heard of Led Zeppelin. I live in the black hole of the universe. There are three people (including myself) in this office who have heard of Zep, and two of us who actually listen to them. Astounds me too.

Move :D

Naa, don't move! At least, not just because of that. There are some nice sides to living in a sheltered, quiet community, too.

I think it's sadder that the inverse of that has happened- that is, the dissappearence of the regional phenomenon, which was what gave birth to various forms and styles of Blues, Jazz, Country & Western, Bluegrass, Zydeco, Rock 'n' Roll, Soul, R & B, Funk, Reggae...

Maybe, just maybe, there's someone sittin' on a porch somewhere with a guitar, or a harmonica, or singing or even just humming to themselves in a rocking-chair, who's never heard of Led Zeppelin, or No Doubt, or Eric Clapton, or Madonna... just makin' variations on something their Grandma used to sing to them...

Sorry I got a bit carried away there, everybody! Didn't mean to highjack the thread too badly...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

:eek::confused:

I understand when my in-laws don't recognize a group like the Kinks, or something (they're in their 70's, and were always a little more of the country-club set than the rock-n-roll crowd) - but I think even they have heard of Led Zep. They wouldn't be able to name any of their songs, and probably wouldn't have a clue what they sound like, but they'd at least know the name.

Cosmo's right, Shannon. You need to move! :freak:

C'mon up to the D.C. area! We need more forumites around here! :D

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

That gets me thinking about these Hardee's commercials with two men who look to be in their 70s. They talk about how they don't like going there anymore because they play:

"Ra...Rock?"

"Rock 'n Roll"

Like they don't know the term. It's 2004! These guys would have been in their 20s when Elvis hit the scene and they don't know the term for rock 'n roll?!

[seinfeld] Who are the add wizards that came up with this one? [/seinfeld]

Originally posted by Fightin Engineer:

I actually don't do engineering at all. I was a math major at Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech. where our sports teams were the Fightin' Engineers. We really struck fear in the hearts of our opponents with that one. :rolleyes:

Welcome Fightin! Not as much fear as the Vicious CPAs ;)

Who is this.."Led Zeppelin"
I heard that he's really really cute ;)

I don't work, so I can't listen to music then. BUT, I have found that a hoodie and an mp3 player with earbuds is a realllly great way to get through a tough school day :thu:

The forumite formerly known as Cooper.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will finally know peace." Jimi Hendrix

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." Jimi Hendrix

Archived