Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Reverend Guitars

Mike Gug

Does anyone have any experience with this family of guitars? Specifically the Workhorse Series Slingshot with the P-90's? I heard it at a concert, and it was an awesome sound. Good workmanship?

I'm going to check Harmony-Central tomorrow.

Mikegug

www.facebook.com/theresistancemusic

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The neck is fairly thin-my other guitar is an sg so it has quite a different feel.It was set up pretty good right off the rack-with a graphite nut and a capacitor on the volume[so when you turn it down it doesn`t get muddy].Stays in tune good,i`ve gigged with it alot with no second guitar as its pretty sturdy and reliable.If you know p90`s you`ll have an idea of the sound,crisp ,sparkly.The pickup magnets are reversed as well so selecting both[toggle middle position] cancells any hum.Alot of nice little touches with the guitarist in mind-for the price. Arch

Mike,

I've got a Slingshot Custom-three P-90's, a Bigsby, and wiring options to get really funky out-of-phase tones as well as the bridge and neck pickups on together.

The guitar is very well made, incredibly lightweight and comfortable, and, next to my Ernie Ball/Music Man Steve Morse guitar, the most versativle tone machine I own. As stated above, the pickups sound as expected-Reverend did a great job on these.

It's funny, sometimes I don't take it to gigs because I think, "I've got these Custom Shop Strats and a great Les Paul, but when I do gig with it I'm consistently rewarded with terrific tone and playability. And everyone who picks up the guitar so far loves it too.

I'm sorely tempted by the Slingshot Custom, myself; though I think I'll hold out and put together a cool triple-soapbar guitar with a Warmoth neck and bod'.

Three P-90 style "soapbars", with the option of running all three in parallel... mmmnn... !! >...drool-drool...<

If I didn't want to "build" one, I'd probably be planning on a Slingshot Custom, for sure! It'd just be a matter of deciding between the "Ultimate Bigsby" and the cool new Hipshot ball-bearing "fulcrum"-style whammy!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I had an Avenger GT, and it was the best Strat style guitar I ever owned. Mine didn't have the whammy bar, and eventually I added an FAAS piezo bridge pickup system. The neck was like an early Fender, C-shaped and beefy feeling, but not huge. That guitar cooked. I would still have it, but financial needs made it necessary to sell something and I couldn't bear to part with my Hamer. It was tough to let it go.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

I have a strat style Reverend and its nice. My old rhythm guitar player has a Rev with P-90s that cooks! Unfortunately, my Rev hasnt had much play since I bought an SG. I guess Im more of a humbucker kind of guy... Still, the Rev is very easy to play and lightweight. I like it better than any of the US strats that Ive owned, FWIW.

Archived