Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Songs that shook the stadium

Shoes

You know the moment when everyone out there knew what you were playing and pulled a lighter high in the air and belted out every word like they were there on stage.

(well no.. it hasn't happened for me quite like that either :D )

You know the signature song that pulled everyone and everything together. There are lots of them out there and The Wizard from Uriah Heep would be on my list as well as Pride from U2.

What songs push your vanity meter to 11 when you play them? (or wish you could!)

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a song called "Win, Lose or Draw" that I wrote and played in club gigs back in 92-93. It was kind of cross between "Wind Cries Mary" and a heavy guitar solo with synchronized echo.

The first time we played, a girl (who played keys in a friends band) went nuts for us, waving and shouting and trying to get the whole crowd up and into it. My rock star moment. :D

Concert's I have personally experienced:

Aerosmith's, "Dream On"

Scorpion's, "Still Loving You"

VH, "Dreams"

Motley Crue's, "Home Sweet Home"

Metallica's, "Sanitarium" & "Fade To Black"

Skynards's, "Free Bird" The ULTIMATE 'flick your BIC' tune! :thu:

Lighters way high in the air!

Just to name a few! I know I'm forgetting some... there are so many I've experienced!

Cool topic! :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Songs I saw in concert that floored me;

Dylan- Shelter from the storm, Your a big girl now

Clapton- Bell bottom blues, old love

Jethro Tull- Aqualung

Jeff Beck- A day in the life, Cause we ended as lovers :cool::cool:

Santana- Bella & Blues for Salvador

Black Crowes- Sometimes Salvation, Bad luck blue eyes goodbye, Descending :):):)

1. Santana-Baila Mi Hermana, at the "Star Is Born" Concert.

2. Heart-Sing Child Sing, their first concert tour in '76.

3. Montrose-Bad Motorscooter(with Sammy Hagar on vocals), the "Star Is Born" Concert

3 Alice Cooper-Schools Out, the Schools Out Tour

4. Me-My Feet Are On the Rock(a Larry Norman tune), Tipton Pre-release Center, 1992. I had one of those fantasy gigs where I couldn't hit a wrong note if I tried. I had the entire prison on their feet cheering. Never happened before or since.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Man, I just might have to revise my list since I was only thinking of songs that made you "flick that BIC" high into the air!

Oh well :P

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Archived