Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

4th of July Video!

leadfootdriver

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by RBLA:

That was hilarious!

Are you playing through a Crate V58? Sounds great. Can you elaborate on how you got those great tones?

Yep. A V58.

I use EMG 707's, and the tone controls were:

Gain: 2 o'clock

Tone: 11 o'clock.

Volume: 7:30 (o'clock)

I used a "57" for the mic.

I used Windows Movie Maker for the whole thing. I used my 4 track for a mixer, where I played along with rhythm mix.

Really though, I'm glad you liked the tone, because that amp.

MySpace

Originally posted by A String:

Funny stuff! What did you use to make that movie (Software etc?)

Some hot guitar playing too man!

Thank you sir! :) I used Windows Movie Maker for the whole thing. I used my 4 track for a mixer, where I played along with rhythm mix.

MySpace

Originally posted by leadfootdriver:

Because that amp...what?

Do you have the stock tubes in there? I got the same amp last week, but mine sounds really brittle. I was thinking of sending it back, but after hearing your playing through it, maybe I need to fool around with it a bit more.

Originally posted by RBLA:

Originally posted by leadfootdriver:

Because that amp...what?

Do you have the stock tubes in there? I got the same amp last week, but mine sounds really brittle. I was thinking of sending it back, but after hearing your playing through it, maybe I need to fool around with it a bit more.

Sorry bro, I was in mid thought, but flaked. But yeah, I have JJ's in it. The Grooves that came with it WERE indeed on the brittle side.

However, I've noticed that the more the power tube wears, the mellower the tone has become.

It is Class A after all, and the power Tube has noticably changed in tone. I've had it for about a year.

MySpace

That was great! :thu: Everyone should take the time to see it. Loved the early Metallica! :cool:

God Bless! :)

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

hey Leadfoot, we should get together and play guitars. i play 12 string acoustic, but i can shred on it. i am looking for another player to play instrumental stuff. i have played 23 years and i used to be a shredder on electric when i was in my late teens early 20's, now i am a young 33. anyways, i am living in downtown royal oak trying to meet new people to jam with if your interested. i remember seeing a couple of guys blackman and arnold who were jamming alot around here. they were very good. they mostly did shredding on acoustic kind of like dimeola or strunz and farah. i thought it was cool but i would like to be more eclectic and use more influences. anyways i am a good open minded player if you are interested in getting together and jammin.

Originally posted by flagshipmile:

hey Leadfoot, we should get together and play guitars. i play 12 string acoustic, but i can shred on it. i am looking for another player to play instrumental stuff. i have played 23 years and i used to be a shredder on electric when i was in my late teens early 20's, now i am a young 33. anyways, i am living in downtown royal oak trying to meet new people to jam with if your interested. i remember seeing a couple of guys blackman and arnold who were jamming alot around here. they were very good. they mostly did shredding on acoustic kind of like dimeola or strunz and farah. i thought it was cool but i would like to be more eclectic and use more influences. anyways i am a good open minded player if you are interested in getting together and jammin.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm looking for a rock type band, with a singer. I'd rather do instrumental stuff on my own. Maybe throw in one with the rock band. But thanks again for the offer! I'd like to hear you play though.

Mick

MySpace

http://flagshipmile.dmusic.com/

this has 2 songs from my band and 2 solo acoustic pieces.

the solos in the rock songs compliment the songs, they arent really too technical. i used to be all flashy when i was young, i would sweep pick tons of crap and play insanely fast. i can still shred like a mofo but my singer would hit me with the mic stand--hehe we are actually looking for another player that can write and sing backups.

the acoustic pieces are my own. spanish bliegrass is kind neat cuz it sounds like 2 guys are playing but it is only 1 guitar. feel free to send me some links to your stuff if you have any posted cuz i would like to hear it.

Alright boyz and girls, let's say it together now....LEADFOOT ROCKS!!!!! That was a blast, enjoyed your guitar playing to boot. You really enjoy your gears!!!! :P
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

Originally posted by flagshipmile:

http://flagshipmile.dmusic.com/

this has 2 songs from my band and 2 solo acoustic pieces.

the solos in the rock songs compliment the songs, they arent really too technical. i used to be all flashy when i was young, i would sweep pick tons of crap and play insanely fast. i can still shred like a mofo but my singer would hit me with the mic stand--hehe we are actually looking for another player that can write and sing backups.

the acoustic pieces are my own. spanish bliegrass is kind neat cuz it sounds like 2 guys are playing but it is only 1 guitar. feel free to send me some links to your stuff if you have any posted cuz i would like to hear it.

Sounds good bro! :wave:

MySpace

Originally posted by Bruce Downs:

Alright boyz and girls, let's say it together now....LEADFOOT ROCKS!!!!! That was a blast, enjoyed your guitar playing to boot. You really enjoy your gears!!!! :P

I quit guitar for a while, and got into cars. It's fun, and way expensive. Just like guitar gear... :P

Glad you liked it! :)

MySpace

Archived