Jump to content


Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT...But I'm Desperate! PC Genius Required, Apply Within...


Teahead

Recommended Posts

Any computer wizards out there want to help me out? I don'k know exactly what I've done, but somehow the text in my main windows when browsing has increased to three or four times its usual size!

 

It happened suddenly, when I was listing on ebay :evil: and I presumed it to be specific to my ebay preferences. However, it turns out that every site I visit is affected, so it must be browser settings, right?

 

Are there "Vision Impaired" settings that could have kicked in? These words are huge! Which means I have to scroll through sixty feet of mousewheel to read a thread! :freak:

 

I have Windows XP and AOL 9, very little hair left in my head and extremely sore eyes attributable to the eight inch lettering that now haunts the already small screen of my laptop! Help?

 

Tea. :confused:

Link to comment
Share on other sites



  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is just in Explorer, go to View - Text Size and pick which one you want.

 

If it is all the applications in your system, will be control panel somewhere, but I can't get into it on this damn locked work machine to check for you :mad:

 

I'm sure someone else will know tho :)

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The above advice should fix you up. One thing to note though, if it happens again, before you do anything else, roll the wheel on your mouse. 90% of the time the problem is the mouse wheel is set to zoom the text size...not sure why this spontaneously enables, but it seems to.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by A String:

The above advice should fix you up. One thing to note though, if it happens again, before you do anything else, roll the wheel on your mouse. 90% of the time the problem is the mouse wheel is set to zoom the text size...not sure why this spontaneously enables, but it seems to.

Hold "Ctrl" and wheel up and down. It will change font size just like the View|text-size menu.

 

If you hold "Shift" and wheel up and down, it will change pages forward and back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BINGO! Thanks Doug Osborne! That fixed it in a flash. The problem I was having, is that although I could easily change the IE text using the methods you guys so kindly outlined above, I couldn't make my default AOL browser recognise the settings(!)

 

I rebooted, I reset to default, I tried everything I could think of. Then when I checked back here to confess my failure to translate your advice to success, I saw Dougs post. Thinking "What the Hell?" I tried it and it allowed me to change the text size on demand!

 

Thanks again guys! My eyes no longer look like this... :freak:

 

Tea. :thu:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Doug Osborne:

Hold "Ctrl" and wheel up and down. It will change font size just like the View|text-size menu.

 

If you hold "Shift" and wheel up and down, it will change pages forward and back.

Cool!

I never knew this.

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Teahead:

BINGO! Thanks Doug Osborne! That fixed it in a flash. The problem I was having, is that although I could easily change the IE text using the methods you guys so kindly outlined above, I couldn't make my default AOL browser recognise the settings(!)

 

I rebooted, I reset to default, I tried everything I could think of. Then when I checked back here to confess my failure to translate your advice to success, I saw Dougs post. Thinking "What the Hell?" I tried it and it allowed me to change the text size on demand!

 

Thanks again guys! My eyes no longer look like this... :freak:

 

Tea. :thu:

as was said above:

 

*this answer does not imply genius*
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by njrocker:

I'm not a genius either. What does "OT" stand for? I'm serious.

"Off Topic"

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Doug Osborne:

Hold "Ctrl" and wheel up and down. It will change font size just like the View|text-size menu.

 

If you hold "Shift" and wheel up and down, it will change pages forward and back.

Cool, I wish my MAC could do that :rolleyes:
Lynn G
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by guitar geezer:

Originally posted by Doug Osborne:

Hold "Ctrl" and wheel up and down. It will change font size just like the View|text-size menu.

 

If you hold "Shift" and wheel up and down, it will change pages forward and back.

Cool, I wish my MAC could do that :rolleyes:
Can't you do something like that once you get a three button mouse, with a wheel?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HEH HEH HEH HEHHEHEHEHEH HEH HEH HEHHEH HEH HEH HEH HEHHEHEHEHEH HEH HEH HEHHEH HEH HEH :D HEH HEHHEHEHEHEH HEH :D HEH HEHHEH HEH HEH HEH HEH :D HEHEHEHEH HEH HEH HEHHEH HEH HEH HEH HEHHEHEHEHEH HEH HEH HEHHEH HEH HEH HEH HEHHE :D HEHEHEH HEH HEH HEHHEH HEH HEH HEH HEHHEHEHEHEH HEH HEH HEHHEH HEH HEH HEH HEHHEHEHEHEH :D HEH HEH HEHHEH HEH HEH HEH HEHHEHE :D HEHEH HEH HEH HEHHEH HEH HEH HEH HEHHEHEHEHEH HEH HEH HEHHEH HEH :D HEH HEH HEHHE :D HEHEHEH HEH HEH HEHHEH HEH HEH HEH HEHHEHEHEHEH HEH HEH HEHHEH HEH HEH HEH HEHHEHEHEHEH HEH HEH HEHHEH !!!!!!!!!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

 

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by njrocker:

That's good to know. I was thinking "Old Thread" or something, like it had been covered before. "Over Time" had crossed my mind too. Thanks.

I thought it stood for Old Testament??? :confused:

 

I just knew you guys weren't quoting Scripture!!! I've searched through my OT I don't know HOW MANY TIMES trying to find all of these supposed references!!!

 

OH WELL!!! :freak:

 

Now... just where did I set that OT of mine......

 

:D:P:D:P:D

 

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

and yessss, I'm only kidd'n. ;)

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by FunkJazz:

"you okay caveman?" :(

The internet can be a cruel mistress...

 

:D:D:D:D

 

Yeah, I'm alright! Just teasin' Teahead, laughin' at his expense, admittedly! He's a big kid, he's young, he'll adjust. ;):thu:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

 

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...