Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

so I saw Joe Perry and the boys tonight!

Compact Diss

Steven Tyler walks out and tells a joke. Word for word.

Knock Knock.(Steven)

(audience)Who's There?

Little Boy Blue.(Steven)

(audience)Little Boy Blue Who?

Michael Jackson(Steven)

He said he was going to get shit in all the papers for saying it.

OK, I have seen Aerosmith many times. Steven was not the best tonight, his voice has been giving him trouble but it did not ruin the show. Steven has always rocked the shows, not tonight.

I never knew Joe Perry could move like he did tonight. First of all the guy got up there and sang two songs which I have never seem him do at an Aero show-this guy never sings.

He absolutley rocked the guitar, I really should say guitars! Almost every song he played he had a different guitar, Gibson, Strat, Hollowbody, resosonic, playing slide, fingerpicking, going crazy!!!

Joe played with the guitar behind his neck, another time behind his back, he was on the floor on his back. He was just nuts tonight! The guy was also dancing around, I have never seen him move this much in concert out of all the Aerosmith shows I have seen. My wife said he looked like an 18 year old kid showing off while he was playing the guitar behind his head.

I was really impressed, I have met the guy and he was really laid back and quiet, tonight I saw a side of Perry I have never seen before and it made the whole night worth it.

The guys set was all the classics, plus about 4-5 from Honking on Bobo'--they were also filming a scene for a movie with John Travolta and Uma Thurman(not there). We had to listen to "Crazy" about three times before they got what they wanted for the movie.

The guy can rock, now you know tomorrow I'm playing Walk This Way all morning!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still pissed off at Aerosmith. I went to their concert here at Sandstone (now "Verizon Wireless Amphitheater") about three years ago, but I didn't really see them, or hear them well. You'd have to understand the layout of Sandstone to catch my drift, but, suffice it to say that they oversold the show, even the lawn seats, partly due to Aerosmith putting a second stage halfway up the amphitheater. So we could only sit where the lawn hill levels out. Even standing up, we couldn't see the band, not even on the TV screens. And...despite them being loud, couldn't really hear them well, either, due to the mass of humanity the sound was being filtered through. Bitched about it to Sandstone personnel. Never did get any sort of refund. So, I tend to boycott both Sandstone and Aerosmith.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Sounds like you had a great time Compact diss.

...lucky b@$tard... ;)

Pity about Tylers voice, but I'm amazed he can even speak, let alone sing after all the years of abuse he's put those vocal cords through!

I saw them YEARS ago over in England...could've been Donnington...don't remember much about that time...whoa...I'm having a flashback...oh boy...

oh, anyways...they were awesome, but the sound was terrible. Great stageshow and energy.

How can we fight ignorance and apathy?

Who knows! Who cares!

I saw them in Philly at the Spectrum around 93 and at Woodstock 94. I enjoyed them both times. :thu:

Peace :)

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

I saw them at Woodstock 94'. Unfortunately, two Swedish girls showed up in our tent with some hash from Amsterdam. Silly me, I smoked some. I spent most of the Aerosmith show lying down in my tent. I remember the fireworks at the end of the show, bursts of color across the fabric of the tent's roof. I also remember thinking that they sounded just like a record. Damn Swedish girls and their Amsterdainian hash!!!

Originally posted by A String:

I saw them at Woodstock 94'. Unfortunately, two Swedish girls showed up in our tent with some hash from Amsterdam. Silly me, I smoked some. I spent most of the Aerosmith show lying down in my tent. I remember the fireworks at the end of the show, bursts of color across the fabric of the tent's roof. I also remember thinking that they sounded just like a record. Damn Swedish girls and their Amsterdainian hash!!!

:D:D Well at least you got to see fireworks through the roof of a tent :cool:

I'm sure you learned your lesson... that drugs SUCK, not only because they simply DO, but because they can cause you to miss a REALLY good rock-n-roll show!!!

;)

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Speaking of Woodstock, check out these bells worn to Woodstock 69:

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2004/TRAVEL/DESTINATIONS/06/24/woodstock.artifacts.ap/vert.woodstock.ap.jpg

Grooovy :D

web page

Speaking of Woodstock, check out these bells worn to Woodstock 69:

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2004/TRAVEL/DESTINATIONS/06/24/woodstock.artifacts.ap/vert.woodstock.ap.jpg

Grooovy :D

web page

Originally posted by Tedster:

I'm still pissed off at Aerosmith. I went to their concert here at Sandstone (now "Verizon Wireless Amphitheater")

:eek: Wierd..the vnue here in SA is also Verizon Wireless Amphitheater

Cant they come up with something different ...such as the "Smirnoff Amphitheatre" ;)

Lynn G

Originally posted by guitar geezer:

I'm still pissed off at Aerosmith. I went to their concert here at Sandstone (now "Verizon Wireless Amphitheater")

Cant they come up with something different ...such as the "Smirnoff Amphitheatre" ;)

Providence has the "Dunkin Donuts Center". The outdoor venue where Aerosmith played is the "Tweeter Center", which is at least named for an audio retailer, not a phone company.

Originally posted by Shannon:

Hey I could make some bell bottoms like that I think I'm gonna start saving fabric scraps.

I just love hippie-kickin-it :cool:

That would be too cool! Post a pic when they are complete.

My Wife sews... SO, maybe... hehe :P

Originally posted by billster:

Originally posted by guitar geezer:

Providence has the "Dunkin Donuts Center". The outdoor venue where Aerosmith played is the "Tweeter Center", which is at least named for an audio retailer, not a phone company.
Wasn't the one in Tampa called the "Mars Music Amphitheatre"? Wonder what it is now?

:D

Lynn G

in Dothan we have the Movie Gallery well its basically a stage in a cowpasture but i think they call it ampitheatre... I saw Fleetwood Mac last year at the St. Pete Time's Forum in Tampa, same place they have the hockey games... you know I think I'm gonna go down there next year and see a hockey game... ok thats totally off subject but hockey's fun :D

I'm sure the band would have rather joined you. :D:cool:

Originally posted by Shannon:

I saw Fleetwood Mac last year at the St. Pete Time's Forum in Tampa, same place they have the hockey games... you know I think I'm gonna go down there next year and see a hockey game... ok thats totally off subject but hockey's fun :D

If there is hockey next year. :(:cry:Labor talks going nowhere

I've seen Aerosmith six times over the years. Not a single bad show in the lot. There were a couple that really stood out above the others, but the boys know how to rock. I'm not surprised that Perry was a little over the top, since Tyler was a little under it - they're pros, and they know that they need to put on a show; they'll take up the slack when it's needed.

Tedster - Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd say the blame lies more with the venue than the band. They knew what the layout was going to be, and they still over-sold it. If they couldn't accomodate the requirements of the tour, they should have let the production company know so that adjustments could be made, or the gig could have been not booked.

Give Aerosmith another chance. Get (or borrow, or download...) the latest album, "Honkin' On Bobo". Trust me, you're gonna love it. :thu:

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

74or75 I.M.A waited for that killer solo on

train kep a rollin but it never came,cuz Dick

Wagner wasn't playing that night.I always

thought whitford was a better guitar player,and

never got the respect.

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Heh, heh! In 1997 I worked the show outside Nashville. Sat in the truss with a spot on Joe's back. I could read all the lyrics off Steven's teleprompter very well... Wait a minute! I already knew most of the lyrics! ;) It was a great show, but listening from the monitor system, 25 feet in the air isn't the best place to hear them. ;)

Had a 2 second brush with fame, passing Steven and Joe backstage after most of the lights and sound were up and running. :thu: (No talking to the artists, though! :( )

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Heh, heh! In 1997 I worked the show outside Nashville. Sat in the truss with a spot on Joe's back. I could read all the lyrics off Steven's teleprompter very well... Wait a minute! I already knew most of the lyrics! ;) It was a great show, but listening from the monitor system, 25 feet in the air isn't the best place to hear them. ;)

Had a 2 second brush with fame, passing Steven and Joe backstage after most of the lights and sound were up and running. :thu: (No talking to the artists, though! :( )

Teleprompter???

Must be old age kick'n in! :P

Shannon,

you know I think I'm gonna go down there next year and see a hockey game... ok thats totally off subject but hockey's fun
"I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out." Drum roll. I think that was Rodney Dangerfield.

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Archived