Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Connecting amp to PC

maketin

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kind of an amp is it?

The rec-out/'phones output-jack should do fine, connected to any required adapter (like a 1/4"-to-"mini" female-to-male plug). But...

...Give me a little more to work with here; what kind of amp is it, and what EXACTLY and SPECIFICALLY is the rec/'phone jack- 1/4" instrument/phone plug TS, XLR, what? Stereo, or mono? Balanced TRS/XLR, unbalanced? Speaker simulated/compensated/emulated/mutated?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Fill me in a bit (o.k., a lot) more here, maketin! :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Headphone jacks work great! If they happen to be stereo, even better! Like Caveman said, get yourself a 1/4 to 1/8 stereo adapter, (You can tell it's stereo because it will have two rings instead of one) and a 1/8 stereo cable. (You can sometimes even buy a stereo cable that has 1/4 inch on one end and 1/8 inch on the other.) Check around for the best prices (try rat shack or even some dollar stores.) Then plug that sucker directly into your sound card in either the mic/in or line/in. You're ready to go! This is a great way to record with out droping tons of cash into it!

Originally posted by A String:

Headphone jacks work great! If they happen to be stereo, even better! Like Caveman said, get yourself a 1/4 to 1/8 stereo adapter, (You can tell it's stereo because it will have two rings instead of one) and a 1/8 stereo cable. (You can sometimes even buy a stereo cable that has 1/4 inch on one end and 1/8 inch on the other.) Check around for the best prices (try rat shack or even some dollar stores.) Then plug that sucker directly into your sound card in either the mic/in or line/in. You're ready to go! This is a great way to record with out droping tons of cash into it!

This is exactly how I record with my Digitech RP100 pedal. The headphone jack actually gives me more gain than the unit's line-out and it interfaces better with the line input of my Santa Cruz soundcard.

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

Originally posted by Mudcat:

Originally posted by A String:

This is exactly how I record with my Digitech RP100 pedal. The headphone jack actually gives me more gain than the unit's line-out and it interfaces better with the line input of my Santa Cruz soundcard.
Yup. I have a Zoom 505 that I use, I love this set up because I get to maintain the stereo effects and (As I mentioned) it's a realloy cheap setup!

D'oh!! I should've realized that it would probably be a 1/4" phone-plug jack, and probably be either stereo, or dual-mono to "stereo". (I would want to be sure of whether or not you could pushing any old 1/4" plug into it, though, as a mono instrument cable plug can damage a stereo jack if forced).

A string is right!

I'd still like to know more of the details, though; all that can make a difference on just what to do, what not to do, to get the very best sound to HD!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

What kind of an amp is it?

The rec-out/'phones output-jack should do fine, connected to any required adapter (like a 1/4"-to-"mini" female-to-male plug). But...

...Give me a little more to work with here; what kind of amp is it, and what EXACTLY and SPECIFICALLY is the rec/'phone jack- 1/4" instrument/phone plug TS, XLR, what? Stereo, or mono? Balanced TRS/XLR, unbalanced? Speaker simulated/compensated/emulated/mutated?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Fill me in a bit (o.k., a lot) more here, maketin! :cool:

Archived