Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tori Amos anyone?

Tori Amos is simply the best songwritter & performer in my book. I've loved her since "Little Earthquakes" and to me she keeps getting better and better. While "LE" and "Pink" are 'girl with the piano' fares, you'd be seling her so short not too mention her body of work that has proceeded that. "Boys for Pele" is perfection and it rocks, from "Pro Widdow" to "Little Amsterdam". Then she evolved into "Choir Girl" and the 2 cd set "to Venus and Back" which both feature her tight ever evolving musicianship with rhythm section Jon Evens and Matt Chamberlain. The there's the "Strange Little Girls" cover album which begins the love affair with her Rhodes and Wurly. And now shes come out with "Scarlets Walk" - quite possible my favorite album ever (that or "Boys"), proving that after 10 plus years, she still as the chops, the unique sense of melody wraped around her obscure, somewhat cryptic lyrics, infectious hooks and bridges that stay with you well after youve finished listening. And if you see her live (I just got back from nyc Radio City show last night), you'd know she is her own breed of rock star, gyrating, dancing, straddling the bench between her beloved Bosie and Wurly/Rhodes stack. She has one of the most dedicated followings imaginable - rivaling phish and dead like fans. While I'm not quite of the 24-7 Tori everything breed - I respect and admire her above all musicans.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must be very uncool and very unhip, because Tori Amos bores the snot out of me.

IMDB Credit list

President George Washington: "The government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian Religion."

President Abraham Lincoln: "The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my religion."

She's very talented and she's a bit perjoritive, but that's just good positioning. I really liked the track she did with Maynard from Tool (Mohammed, My Friend). Little known fact- She was an aspiring actress in the 80's and appeared in many crappy TV roles, but I can't seem to find them on US.IMDB because she probably used many stage names.

[quote]Originally posted by guitplayer: [b] Love long haired red-headed girls who can play and sing... gotta get me one someday! :love: [/b][/quote]Me too - but I already got mine - and no offense to Tori, but IMO, mine's MUCH prettier - and a better singer too. :)

[quote]Originally posted by deanmass: [b]Someone mentioned it farther up, but I think Tori has a great left hand on the Piano. Her bass lines are always very strong. I cannot think of anyone in pop music right now that plays piano and sings I would rather listen to.[/b][/quote]Bruce Hornsby. I would choose him playing piano AND singing any time over TA.
I am back.

Archived