Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nigella (no gtr. content)

Chad Thorne

I've had the hots for Nigella for a long time, and I guess Dr.Taz does, too.

My idea of the ideal female shape was defined in my youth by Marilyn Monroe, Rita Hayworth, Rhonda Fleming, curvy gals all. (In fact, I wrote a song, "Big Girl" which celebrates my preference for voluptuous women.) It seems to be hereditary - my son says he can't stand what he describes as "skinny-ass white b*tches" (though we are, in fact, Caucasian people).

Many songs seem to celebrate the lady of generous proportions, while it seems that relatively few rave about the slender, willowy type. My question is, is this a musician thing? Or are our tastes in female body type as varied as in the the general male population? Ladies, feel free to chime in with your observations. Enquiring minds want to know!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i love all women. there is more to being sexy than the actual looks. voice, how they act, move and who they are inside can be as sexy as a big set of breasts. i find that most guys are suckers for the "barbie" type of girl. i find that as exciting as frozen food. give me variety please. women of the world please be yourself. a woman who is herself is always more sexy than one trying to be something else. i don't dislike stereotypical blondes. it is just that there has to be more than that.

I too am a sucker for voluptuous women. Though it's just a matter of physical taste. I've never chosen the women I've gotten involved with solely on this standard. As a matter of fact if you'd see a tableau of the women in my life you'd be hard pressed to find a style from the visual alone.

That said I've had a difficult time understanding the current taste for what is deemed a SEXY woman by today's standards. OK, there are plenty of things that make a woman (person) sexy besides body type. But that's not what I'm talking about. The way too skinny Cameron Diaz thing . . . well I don't get it. To me it'd be like making love to a bag of bones. That is unless I were really in love with her . . . In that case all bets are off.

My sister in-law is/was a costume designer in Hollywood for a bunch of well known movies and TV series'. She says it's the women who demand it. All those horrible Vogue and fashion magazines with the anorexic women who look like they're on heroin is an image extolled by women. Survey's have shown (according to her) that men don't like it. But women buy more product. They want the too skinny, anorexic look. Makes sense to me. I know there are plenty of exceptions in terms of men who prefer the Twiggy thing. But give me Salma Hayek any day of the week, Sundays too. Between meals.

I don't think it's a musician thing.

All the best,

Henry Robinett

Now days its either about being a rack guy or a butt guy. Personally I like a better rack, but I can appreciate a nice rear just as much as the other guy. It just has to fit the body IMO.

I don't really have a preference as long as she's good looking and her face goes well with her body.

Also, I think there are 2 distinct levels of good-looking. There's women who are cute and women who are hot. I've seen women who are very hot and women who a very cute. It's just something you have to tell on your own.

Shut up and play.

Originally posted by henryrobinett:

... The way too skinny Cameron Diaz thing . . . well I don't get it...

Yep, I always thought that Cameron Diaz shaking her (skinny little) butt to "Baby Got Back" in "Charlie's Angels" had to be nothing but comedy...

What's that old saying? Closer to the bone, the sweeter the meat...

Personally, for me, it's all about the whole package in proportion & the woman has to have a brain, personality & can put up with an ass, me. :D

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

cameron is a good example of what i mean. she may not be overly endowed but that smile of hers is so sexy. she may be thin but its her overall look and the way she carries herself that is sexy. but then i find Pink , Bif Naked and Joan Jett sexy. not exactly your typical barbie dolls.

I find Nigella great not only because she happens to be beautiful, but also because she's made the best of things since the loss of her husband John Diamond. Also, anyone who has such a sultry voice is on my hot list for any future prog rock/metal project of mine. She can read Medieval texts, so it might work. :)

She can cook for me anytime. Now if only I could play piano decently while she does it...

Basically, I'm in agreement with Dak. :D

quote:

My idea of the ideal female shape was defined in my youth by Marilyn Monroe, Rita Hayworth, Rhonda Fleming, curvy gals all

Yeah, kinda like a jumbo dreadnaught... I thinks its kinda ironic how guitars(traditional acoustics anyways) seem to have the wide hips, slim waist.....

Check out some handcrafted guitars:

http://home.mindspring.com/~grus/guitars.htm

The ideal woman (at least for me) is intelligent, sexy, and she's got to have a wild side. :cool:

Examples:

Shirley Manson (from Garbage)

Jeanine Gerafolo (Clay Pigeons - great movie!)

Any of the girls in Elastica

Gwen Stefani (No Doubt)

Christina Ricci (Sleepy Hollow,Buffalo '66)

Famke Jansen (Golden Eye, X-men)

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Originally posted by Geenard:

How bout Madeline Albright? A little bitchy, well rounded, and makes great grandma cookies!!!!!!!!!! :)

ISN'T SHE LIKE 100 YR'S OLD? :freak:
The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Originally posted by Fred Garvin male prostitute:

How bout Madeline Albright? A little bitchy, well rounded, and makes great grandma cookies!!!!!!!!!! :)

ISN'T SHE LIKE 100 YR'S OLD? :freak:
Well I think all of us have a better chance of dating her!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey....you used LIKE language......I have a book for you to read! :)
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

bluestrat, you've got the eye, my man. I've always said that I find the supposedly plain Janeane Garafalo so much more attractive than a lot of the skeletal models gracing the covers of magazines like "Cosmopolitan." Many women blast men, accusing them of being shallow and perceiving models as having the ideal body shape, but based on the opinions of my friends and what I've read here, this stereotype does not seem to be an entirely accurate one. These women should ask themselves this: who drives the fashion industry, which uses these stick figures to show off their clothes and puts them on display as the alledgedly ideal woman? A large proportion of this population is made up of women and gay men (not that there's anything wrong with that), not the average heterosexual American male.

Originally posted by ihategarybettman:

bluestrat, you've got the eye, my man. I've always said that I find the supposedly plain Janeane Garafalo so much more attractive than a lot of the skeletal models gracing the covers of magazines like "Cosmopolitan."...

Janeane Garafolo is BEAUTIFUL!!! And her sarcastic, smart-mouth only adds to the zest (sigh)...

chad,

My idea of the ideal female shape was defined in my youth by Marilyn Monroe, Rita Hayworth, Rhonda Fleming, curvy gals all.
You left out Jayne Manesfield.

Guitarzan,

i find that most guys are suckers for the "barbie" type of girl.
If I remember correctly, always a long shot, Barbie was designed from a combination of Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Manesfield.

revolead,

Now days its either about being a rack guy or a butt guy. Personally I like a better rack, but I can appreciate a nice rear just as much as the other guy. It just has to fit the body IMO.
It used to be, also, about being a leg man. I was, but it's so difficult nowadays. Slacks killed off the "leg man".

Tedster,

Personally, for me, it's all about the whole package in proportion & the woman has to have a brain, personality & can put up with an ass, me.
I've got one that puts up with me. Well ... almost anyway.

All that being said, I love a woman for her mind. :cool: Really! :thu: A "good" body is only "icing on the cake".

BTW, women can also play an awesome guitar. See Lee Flier. :thu: Now there's guitar content here and we can continue the thread. :cool::D

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Originally posted by chad:

bluestrat, you've got the eye, my man. I've always said that I find the supposedly plain Janeane Garafalo so much more attractive than a lot of the skeletal models gracing the covers of magazines like "Cosmopolitan."...

Janeane Garafolo is BEAUTIFUL!!! And her sarcastic, smart-mouth only adds to the zest (sigh)...
I totally agree, she's attractive, smart, and incredibly sexy. Great eyes as well.
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

I totally agree, she's attractive, smart, and incredibly sexy. Great eyes as well.
Don't forget the lips...

Well, here's some female opinion (although, as you're about to hear, I don't see attitudes about attraction as something that's set-in stone, either for individuals or for genders)...

Do you really find yourself attracted to a single "type" ?

Personally I think that there are so many variables that body-type plays little role in who I actually find attractive.

Personality would be the most easily recognized factor but personal habits, social attitudes & many other things could keep me from being interested in someone who might otherwise be my "type"...not to mention the magic role that pheremones play in personal interactions.

I'm sure some will take this as a male/female issue or find another way to avoid the subject directly but I'd have to say that if you find someone appealing (or unappealing) solely on the basis of body-type that you're a bit shallow & perhaps unable to make a real connection with a person, as opposed to an image (but that might explain the all the talk about those none of us have met).

Yeah, why don't you hear people talking about a woman's eyes? Everyone always says stuff, like "nice ASS!" or "nice set of jugs" but you almost never hear guys talking about looking into a girls eyes. The eyes are one of the most captivating things about the truely hot girls.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

I know, me being younger is going to draw a lot of "Who???" or "Huh????" That being said, I can't get enough of Natalie Portman or Keira Knightley. Keira was in Pirates of the Carribean, and looks kind of like Abby from the "One lesson" thread. Natalie is in Star Wars: Epi 1 and 2, and is IMO the hottest, most beautiful female I have ever seen in my life.
Shut up and play.

Originally posted by revolead:

I know, me being younger is going to draw a lot of "Who???" or "Huh????" That being said, I can't get enough of Natalie Portman or Keira Knightley. Keira was in Pirates of the Carribean, and looks kind of like Abby from the "One lesson" thread. Natalie is in Star Wars: Epi 1 and 2, and is IMO the hottest, most beautiful female I have ever seen in my life.

Yep, they're both hotties! :thu:

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

Originally posted by member # 30687:

Well, here's some female opinion (although, as you're about to hear, I don't see attitudes about attraction as something that's set-in stone, either for individuals or for genders)...

Do you really find yourself attracted to a single "type" ?

Personally I think that there are so many variables that body-type plays little role in who I actually find attractive.

Personality would be the most easily recognized factor but personal habits, social attitudes & many other things could keep me from being interested in someone who might otherwise be my "type"...not to mention the magic role that pheremones play in personal interactions.

I'm sure some will take this as a male/female issue or find another way to avoid the subject directly but I'd have to say that if you find someone appealing (or unappealing) solely on the basis of body-type that you're a bit shallow & perhaps unable to make a real connection with a person, as opposed to an image (but that might explain the all the talk about those none of us have met).

Sorry, 30687 (may I call you "30"?), didn't mean to suggest that I was attracted to anyone "solely" on body type. It's just that since I started noticing girls about 39 years ago, I've also noticed that, merely as an initial impression, I seem to find curvy women attractive. I fully recognize that the curvy brunette I'm going ga-ga over at the bar may turn out to be not a very nice person, in which case I might wind up enjoying the company of the slender blonde next to her more. I was just remarking on what seems to be fairly consistent trend for me...

Archived