Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Why I want a Les Paul

zeronyne

Originally posted by Norman Geinard Bates:

Originally posted by Dave th Dude:

All I need is a Hamer Studio, Tele Nashville, Mockingbird (vintage natural wood finish), ES335, ...... Burrrrp! More GAS. Sorry.

:rolleyes:

I have the Nashville Tele.....good bar guitar for sure. I had to swap out the bridge pickup, didn't have enough oomph. I play in a three peice half the time and have to have oomph. :) [/QB]
Just remember...."you ain't got a thing if you ain't got that swing"....DO-WAP DO-WAP DO-WAP DO_WAP DO-WAP DO-WAP! That is why a les paul sound will come in handy. If you need it for jazz riffs, clean chords or straight rythm guitar, you can get it out of a les paul or equivelant easier than say a stratocaster!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if oyu want a cheap guitar, buy the faded model. thats what they are, cheap. sure they say gibson, but who really cares? i don't think there is any way to get a real nice axe with out paying for it. but of course you have to measure what your are paying for. personnally, i have found not one nice gibson under $1750 (with exception of one cool LP special with P90's). in my experience, i think the Hamer Guitars kick absolute ass all over gibson. just play one, and you'll know what i'm saying.

other very good chioces are the

1)epi elite series, these things actually are very nice.

2) heritage 150's. pretty much a les paul from the golden day.

Originally posted by webe123:

Originally posted by guitarzan the impaler:

my eyes are burning!!! ugly guitars....ugly...must..stop...pain.... :eek::freak:

oh, c'mon guitarzan......you KNOW you want one!!! Why not break out the 'ol checkbook and get one NOW???(HE! HE!)
ooh yeah BISON BISON, and a STEER!!!!!ooh yeah , are these the guitars you take home after you get drunk?

:D:D:D:D

Thanks for all the thoughtful replies!

I think I'm just going to go ahead and buy a LP Studio...I'm in chicago, so I'm sure I'll be able to try out a ton of them.

I'm doing it this week, so I'll post my final purchase. Thanks.

"For instance" is not proof.

Originally posted by zeronyne:

I think I'm just going to go ahead and buy a LP Studio...I'm in chicago, so I'm sure I'll be able to try out a ton of them.

I will post back here when my les paul studio arrives! I should get it around monday or tuesday! Can't wait!

Originally posted by webe123:

my eyes are burning!!! ugly guitars....ugly...must..stop...pain.... :eek::freak:

oh, c'mon guitarzan......you KNOW you want one!!! Why not break out the 'ol checkbook and get one NOW???(HE! HE!)
ooh yeah BISON BISON, and a STEER!!!!!ooh yeah , are these the guitars you take home after you get drunk?

:D:D:D:D

Actually, I think these two guitars are what you would wake to owning after purchasing them for $50.00 at a bar the night before !! LOL!!!! You know, this is the part where you look at them in a corner and say...... "oh NO! I can't believe what I just BOUGHT!" (Meanwhile somebody took off with your Gibson Les Paul and Fender Strat you left on stage because you were so drunk!!!) LOL!!

Originally posted by zeronyne:

Go by guitar center in chicago! They should have a huge selection!

I've got a Les Paul Standard in Black.

I bought it used, so it had a bit of loving "wear and tear"... but it plays and sounds great...

Best of all it was only $800.

I bought it from Guitar Center... which probably means the poor guy who had to sell it... probably only got around $500 for it. I feel for that guy.

I own many other cool guitars, many used, like a PRS McCarty...

I like all my guitars though, I don't think ANY are a REPLACEMENT for a Les Paul... just nice in their own way.

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

Actually, if you can't do it on a Bison (regardless of how fugly it is), you won't be able to do it on a $2500 Les Paul either. I'm a big fan of pickers who rip on stuff some wouldn't touch or even consider.
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

If those Burns Bisons are half as good sounding as they're made out to be, I'd like to have one. The earlier model, though, not the gussied-up one; they look even fuglier with the flamed-maple top and cutaway! I'd probably get it in green, to maximize the bizzarreness-factor. They look like they'd be real twang machines! (I'm not kidding, either!)

Hey, you could do all those f#&<3d-up things to one that you wouldn't do to your prized PRS or vintage Fender, like put stickers on there, a cup-holder, scrimshaw... !

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived